squeaky brakes!

Dyer

XS650 Member
Reaction score
I have recently replaced the front and rear brakes on my bike and i thought i cleaned everything well but the rear brake squeaks like crazy no matter what i do... I did not know if anyone had any suggestions or if there is anything i can or should do to the rotor to help. I would get new rotors but mikesxs want 140 a piece and I'm not gonna shell out that much cash at the moment if i don't have to. Any help is greatly appreciated! :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Permatex-80729-rw-53096-63485.jpg

I had the same problem with both front and rear.

I tried the product shown in the picture. It worked for the front brake as it no longer squeals. My rear still squeals.

I don't think changing the rotors would help. My next step will be to change out the pads, which just might be the cure.

Attachments

• CRC Disc Brake Quiet mod1.JPG
    CRC Disc Brake Quiet mod1.JPG
    128.6 KB · Views: 156
Sometimes brakes develop hard spots on the rotors that cause squeals. This happen s on automobile rotors and is often solved by tuning the rotor. Tony C

can tuning the rotor be done on a motorcycle? if not does anyone know where i can get a set of stock rotors?

Retiredgentleman had a good thread about cleaning up the rotors. I think it may have been on the 650rider site.

Disk brake rotor clean-up is in "Tech"............"Homemade Tools"...........page 4.

If you do the clean-up, you should also use a coarse grit sand paper to rough the surface. I use 40 grit and hand sand in a radial direction.

Back