SR500 side project

Mine's on the road, it's fast as hell man. Lot's of power for a bike I can lift by myself.

You can run it w/o the cush, lot's of experienced SR owners do it when they swap to wire:

http://241-65.hostmonster.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5901&p=41713

http://241-65.hostmonster.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4587&p=33209

Also, here's a good thread with pics of an SR with RD250 spoke wheels, though they don't appear to be what you have.

http://www.sr500forum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=9679

That's awesome. I'd love to go big bore but my engine has less than 1K mies on a completely new top end.

Thanks....I figured it couldn't be that bad since the bike has 13k+ miles on this set up and still has a snickety smooth gear box.

Nice bike! I picked up an xt 500 last fall... these bikes are fun! I will get into customizing it soon i think. Thing is a wheelie machine!

Small update; VM36, motionpro throttle and beams exhaust installed. I'm still working on the stock loom but I know I'll end up tossing it and rewiring. Itching to get either the front or rear brakes working so I can putt around the block.
eeb4a7cd-9230-4ae2-8dca-cdb5e3a84bfe_zpsd692a603.jpg

Last edited:
I wasn't happy with the rear height so I put some old Brit bike 14" shocks on and like it much better. These things are insanely over sprung so I'll need to get some better shocks.

image-1_zpsfcd91d41.jpg

It's a beams from webike Japan. They'll definitely have some slick exhaust options for your ascot. You have to drop $500 to get free shipping but it's easy to find other people that want to split orders.

Man what a website, tuff to navigate it to narrow down what your looking for. Put in all the search criteria and still everything shows up. They do have a ton of stuff though.

Lookin good so far man. I get more attached to my SR every time I ride it, in fact, I think I prefer this little motor over my XS. Very consistent motorcycle, and very quick. Wish I had other SR buddies around me, I feel like I have the only one in Texas given the attention it gets at the bars!

Here's some inspiration. SRs rule....braaaap!

8bRptXwl.jpg

sOaVZoDl.jpg

gBsAQMUl.jpg

0nftgMKl.jpg

NKBIX9ol.jpg

HEIWsXgl.jpg

L5csW5n.jpg

577mrLol.jpg

RIckIFXl.jpg

v2U2w1ol.jpg

N4aIqmB.jpg

eBvSHps.jpg

0zNpy0Pl.jpg

And lastly a pic of mine from a few a weeks ago:

6m4c2nXl.jpg

wDUQHCYl.jpg

Great pictures. Some stupidity in with the beauty.

30/40's era Firestones tires? What do people think an SR500 is all about? Dumb, sorry.

Standing on the pegs to kick it over while on the service stand? Dumb. You may note that the frame has bent to the point the wheels touch the ground. Also note that of 4 kickstart bikes, my SR500 is the easiest to kick. Compression release, you know.

Don't do these things!!!!

Tom

Thanks for the pics. I never thought of putting the rd60 tank on the 500....never thought it would fit the frame.

I like the underseat catch can and master reservoir on the race bike.

Can't wait to ride this thing!

Back