Stainless Steel Brake Lines for '77 XS650

Absolutely no problem it's your bike, life, family.
"Where might I find stainless steel brakelines?" we replied, you decide.
Straight up; my using 10 with no problem don't mean squat, if one in eleven failed it'd be a disaster.
Spiegel and Galfer are well known brake name brands, there are others. I like 650 central a real asset to the 650 community. And his Vintage brake site/info is priceless. But he buys some of his stock from Mike LeGrande LOL.

Right.

I do thank you for suggesting the brake lines. After having a think about it, and reading a linked post which said no noticeable change was gained from going to braided from stock, Ive decided Im going to keep the bike brake lines stock. No upgrade at all. Problem solved and job done.

But I do thank you for your suggestion.

The reason we change them isn’t for better performance necessarily, though it can be. It’s a 40 year old rubber line, apply that to any topic of maintenance and it’s due for a change. Especially one that has been likely subjected to the elements. Do what you will, just another way to look at it.

The reason we change them isn’t for better performance necessarily, though it can be. It’s a 40 year old rubber line, apply that to any topic of maintenance and it’s due for a change. Especially one that has been likely subjected to the elements. Do what you will, just another way to look at it.

Well most things on the bike were re-done. That is, kept in good working condition. My inlaws were avid bikers and kept up with the bikes. Hoses are supple and not dry rotted etc. There was/is really no need to change them so I will leave them as is. Less hassle, fewer variables and more time devoted to riding....

Back