Stainless steel handlebars?

Splodge

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm going to change the handlebars on my Heritage Special, I've seen some polished stainless steel bars I like.
I don't have any experience with Stainless handlebars, are there any good reasons why I shouldent get them?
Neil

I think stainless would look sharp and have the benefit of being low maintenance. Go for it!

I'm going to change the handlebars on my Heritage Special, I've seen some polished stainless steel bars I like.
I don't have any experience with Stainless handlebars, are there any good reasons why I shouldent get them?
Neil

Hi Neil,
I wouldn't because I'm too cheap and I'd bet that the high cost of stainless bars would really eat into my beer money.
Apart from that, go for it!
Note that while stainless don't rust no matter how badly it gets gouged up it's polish has a yellowish tinge compared to chrome's blue/white

Neil
hi neil look me up you'll see mine , my current bars are chrome they were on it when i got it.
had stainless before they are i think better you can polish them up if they go dull no problem .
Brian

Back