Wanted - Standard Gas Cap (Or trade)

grepper

fiddle futzer
Reaction score
Looking for a decent shape Mid-Late 70s Standard gas cap for my 78 Standard. I don't care about the lock, I just want a body that's not all rusted.

I've tried eBay, but a lot of the sellers don't even know there is a difference between the Standard Caps and the Specials and don't know what kind of xs650 it came off of.

The after market caps that MikesXs sells are a bit flimsy and the stock lock doesn't fit it(that's what I got on it now). Not looking to pay a lot... I see OEM caps out there for like $80, :doh:

I'm willing to trade too, I've got lots of other miscellaneous parts..

You got a picture of one i have a couple but don't know what they were off of.

Attachments

• gas cap.JPG
    gas cap.JPG
    22.7 KB · Views: 73
Hey DG, Just took some measurements.. They look the same, but the standard caps are a little shorter like ~117mm while the special caps are ~123mm long. You know how the tanks are different... right. The special are more narrow, while the standards hold about 1/2 gallon more. If your like me and have a couple of junk tanks lying around, check out how the caps fit..
Look at MikesXS parts Part #20-0033 and #20-0034 for specials..

Capt Milk,

I'm not intersted in a Special tank or cap.. Read my comments to DG.. The standard cap is a little differnt.. If you have a Standard cap in good shape I'm interested.

Back