Start from scratch

LucasRat

XS650 Member
Reaction score
Hi there, new guy here. I picked up a 77' xs last year and rode the shit out of it. Did a bunch of research and chopped it this spring. Finally finished all the fun fab work and got to the wiring.... The only thing I didn't research. Yep. I fucked up...
I've working on throwing the old stock harness back in, figuring that it would be a walk in the park. But it's not going as smoothly as I thought. Doesn't help that I don't know shit about electrical. I got new
- headlight
- tail light
- bullet signals (front and rear)
- speedo
and plan on running all these. Wouldn't mind cutting some stuff down, but what?! Would upgrading to PAMCO and PMA be a good start? (http://www.mikesxs.net/product/24-2671.html). Don't wanna sound naive, I just assumed throwing the old harness back in would work fine. But is it worth it?
Rookie move, I know. My bad. Any help would be just awesome.

Attachments

• Rat xs.jpg
    Rat xs.jpg
    199.6 KB · Views: 150
Your build looks nice and clean; the pamco and e-advance are very good things. i hear good stuff about PMA's but have yet to think I need one. Click on the tech link above check out the some wiring diagrams thread.

I'd do a Pamco E-advance ignition and the PMA since you are starting from scratch. As Gary said, a couple of good wiring schematics in the link for the do-over.

Yeah, your build looks great, a custom wiring harness is not that hard. If you did the work on your bike, you have the ability to make the harness , and this site has the knowledge to show you how. A pamco and Pma are very easy to install. They will also simplify the wiring imo. Good luck.

Back