Still working on my carbs

yamaharichey

XS650 Member
Reaction score
In my last post I said I ordered the Canadian needles from Mikes XS. You guys said I also needed the matching needle jets for my BS34 carbs. So I did what you told me, I got them slid the jets down in the carb, then when I screw in the main jet on the bottom tight I still get a little up and down movement on the needle jets maybe 1/16 of an inch. is this normal? looking down in the hole for the needle jet it appears the only thing holding the two together is the pin that comes out in the hole, if it wasn't there the main jet would slide all the way up through the hole. And yes the thick washer is on both the main jets. I put the old needle jet back in and screwed in the main jet an it also has that little up an down movement. so I assume that's normal?

OK I think I figured it out, at the bottom of the carb body where the main jet goes in is a recessed area with a lip, that should have a washer there for the main jet to go against right? well there is no washers on either carb. does any one know are they brass or just steel?

Back