stock carbs on a rephased 750

I don't have the rephased motor any longer, it got stolen. Check out I am Carbon, he has good videos of his rephased running.

And on the idea that it is mechanically impossible I have one question, how is it possible for a V8 to run on a single carb or dual 4 barrel carbs or 3 2 barrel carbs?

The carbs do not know nor do they care when the cylinders are drawing in the air fuel mixture in regards to the other cylinder especially since 1 carb feeds each cylinder independently. The only thing they share is the throttle linkage. Even a single VM carb can feed both cylinders of a rephased motor without issues.

So am I only allowed so many posts per hour? All my posts are in english and without the typical spammer hyperlinks....still think im a troll?

Ok, your not a troll.

Here is a link on how a basic 4 Stroke engine works.

If you still insist that a set of Standard Carbs won't work on a re-phased engine, or demanding that others have to post proof of their set ups and videos, then no amount of educating will help you understand how mechanical engineering works. It will prove that you are here to create mischief and not a genuine poster.

My apologies to everyone. I know nothing about motorcycles....I have never even ridden one. What was I thinking. Back under my rock.

A Harley and other v-twins also have uneven firing "phase" or separation with a 315 405 spread run perfectly fine on ONE carb. Sorry that I started joshing on you itsnotlevel.

For the few who bait, misrepresent, misinform, victimize, overreach, hoodwink, and hoax the "XS650 market" this is a brilliant idea.

Now they can market their 130 MPH XS650 rephrased motor as a 140 MPH rephrased motor with specially tested rephrased Carbs.

That's right 140 MPH plus, but only if you install our long awaited TBS34 (Total Bull Shit) rephrased Carb kit. Kit includes jetting that's been tested and tested and tested again just for you and it sits on our shelf before you even call us. You can even increase your XS rephrased motor to 150 MPHs if you install our CNC'd tach plug kit. It gives these high horsepower XS motors the rigidity they need for speeds well over 150 MPH. Not to mention the add weight reduction by eliminating the tach cable.

Wait, but that's not all. If you fall for thi.....I mean....... if you order today we'll double the kit and make your XS650 rephrased motor top out at 300 MPH, that's right 300 MPH or MORE, and all you have to do is purchase out motor mounts. Made out of aero space steel that's stick welded and custom painted out of dollar store paint of your choice these motor mounts realign the negative ions in the exhaust ports and develop a harmonic with the muffler bearings for an action packed, tested and tested again, 300 MPH.

Please allow wait 30 days after motor break-in for the bullsh%t to set in.
Don't forget our tech hotline if you have any questions. If we don't answer its not that we're at our day jobs, its that we're testing our new turbo'd EFI rephrased XS650 kit.

Your new 300 MPH rephrased XS650 motor with our rephrased carb kit will blow the wheels off your competition. :bike::laugh:

Attachments

• ducati-quite-fast-at-aragon-barbera-s-bike-on-fire-one-lap-with-rossi-photo-galleryvideo_11.jpg
    ducati-quite-fast-at-aragon-barbera-s-bike-on-fire-one-lap-with-rossi-photo-galleryvideo_11.jpg
    176.1 KB · Views: 140
Hey Clark WELCOME to the XS family and NO I am not going to beat you up about your build but if I was you I would keep your money in you pocket LEARN the XS650 as a stock bike and then when you feel that you got some skills with it upgrade the motor to what you want. AS a NEWBE you are treading waters fast and may never get to the end before just in joying the bike. Good luck on your build ask QUESTIONS and there are GOOD GUYS on here that will help.

To the original question yes you will have a full plate, a set of BS34s in good condition are an OK place to start and are kind of forgiving jetting wise to get you running, then mess with alternatives later. Hint do not trust ANY old brass floats, changing to foam floats on your 80 carbs is a good idea. When buying carb parts don't cheap out, genuine Mikuni will cost you a LOT less in the long run.

Last edited:
Thanks for the advice and comedy guys, lol.

This is my first XS build but in no way close to my first custom job, be it bikes or cars.

Couldn't enjoy the bike anyways, it was a $300 non-runner!

I'll throw a wrench in and suggest ex500 carbs...they are plentiful. Come off Kawasaki ninja's from late 80's to god knows when. Do a search on them and read up...I have a pair on my cammed 700cc chopper and the throttle is snappy and they kick butt. Ran loads better then my Mikuni 34 setup.

:agree::agree: The EX 500 Keihin CVK carbs are the hot setup. I run a set on my 750 and they are better by far than the BS 34 carbs. I wouldn't waste money on those old carbs.

Yep the cvk34's are a good performing carb set and work well with a rephrase motor. I couldn't comment on the 750 since I was never able to run them on the 750 rephrase I had built.Either way a linked set of carbs work fine on a rephrase motor.

Back