Stock ground clearance, anyone know?

xsbobber13

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Since the purchase of my '79 xs650 I've have had a chance to go through and browse about every thread topic on this forum and have done a few searches here and still have not found the answer I'm looking for which is What is stock ground clearance on this da$# bike? Only thing I have comeacross is 5.3, but I'd like to verify.

I really want to order a David Bird hardtail frame and I want to know the answer to this questions before deciding on a 1" or 2" drop. I'm bout 6ft tall so I think I'll end up going with 4" stretch and forward controls for comfort. Anyone have a similiar set up with any input? I really just want to make sure my pegs won't drag in corners and have a safe bike.

stock height is about 6-6.5" at the exhaust mount. TC bros is only 1" drop, the bottom of the frame is not low enough to be level to the ground..

do a 2" drop.

I am considering using a Bird hardtail, as well.

How much clearance did you end up with using the 2" drop?

What size wheels and tires are you running?

I'll be runnin stock wheels. If I remember correctly I have about 4.3 inches of ground clearance. I should be at the shop to work on my bike Thurs and I'll verify and let you know then.

Sorry for the delay. With the engine back in I have about 4.25 inches of ground clearnace. I am also going to lower my front forks an inch so it has a more even stance. Hope this helps.

Back