stock headlight

JC33

XS650 Member
Reaction score
i want to keep my stock headlight and would like for the light to stay on at all times and obviously turn off or on when i turn the key on the ignition. i dont plan on using an on or off switch or high or low switch for the headlight. is this possible or is it too much for the capacitor since im not running a battery strickly kick. maybe need a smaller headlight possibly? heres a video and picture of the bike. i would appreciate the replys, thanks

http://s93.photobucket.com/user/marvel85/media/Mobile%20Uploads/trim62BF0CFE-EB73-4B7B-A83C-A92A4118F211_zps52316cbe.mp4.html

Using the stock headlight is fine. The PMA should have plenty of power once the bike is running. During start up the headlight, any headlight will draw a lot of the power from the PMA and make starting harder.
Use an on/off switch, this lets you turn the headlight off to start then just flip it on.
Another way would be to use a lighting relay. wire it in like a switch. On the PMA splice into one of the three wires from the stator, run this to terminal 85 on the relay, terminal 86 to ground. power from the main switch to terminal 30, terminal 87A to the headlight. This way with the bike off the head light is of. once you start the bike the headlight comes on and stays on as long as the bikes running.
Leo

Back