Super Bowl Monday, "I'm sick".

littlebill31

Smells of Raw Fuel
Reaction score
Luckily I am off on Mondays and I don't drink, so today is not a problem. But, my wife has already had half of her staff call out. Yes, half. That would be 7 people. One of her staff came in today and was asked to go home. She smelled a little too "distilled". All are just too...sneeze...cough...sick to come in. My butt. Now I understand that this may be an actual cold or sickness, but statistics show that Super Bowl is one of the major "call out sick" days of the year.

Another interesting fact is that today is also one of the biggest "Gout" days. Gout is caused by uric acid build-up and the crystalization in the joints. This causes great pain in a person's joints, usually in the feet, toes, and ankles. I, at a wopping 35 yrs old, have Gout. Mine is hereditary though. The uric acid build up is mainly caused by eating processed foods, beer, cheese, being overweight, and some other factors. Some people can't eat brocolli because of it. So, because many people are sitting all Sunday eating processed foods covered in cheese and drinking beer the hospitals will have many vistors today complaining of horrible foot pain.

Ah...Monday.

uh, I dont feel good...I wonder if it is because i spent all day Sunday eating processed foods, beer, cheese, and being overweight?:(

Could be. :D My wife told me all of the excuses the 7 absenties gave her today. As they were saying they don't know how they got sick and it must be a bug, she asked how their Super bowl party went? The one they were all so excited, and bragging, about all day Friday.

Could be. :D My wife told me all of the excuses the 7 absenties gave her today. As they were saying they don't know how they got sick and it must be a bug, she asked how their Super bowl party went? The one they were all so excited, and bragging, about all day Friday.

Our Super Bowl party was great, and I am retired , so I didnt have to call in sick. I do remember having the Brown Bottle Flu after a Bowl Party or two......:D

We have our Aussie version of the superbowl (afl grand final) on a Saturday. Still a lot of sick crew on the Monday though!

Im in the UK so lets just say there isnt that much interest in the Superbowl, althought I did stay up and watch it..

To be honest a sick day here and there in my eyes isnt a problem!! we mammals work hard 99% of the year, we put up with working during our lunch break, enormous amount of stress and to top it off when you get a bit older they tell you to piss off as they want younger staff members :wtf: and this is all for a company that you put a lot of heart and soul into (well some do LOL)...

Life is to short to spend it infront of a desk looking at spread sheets, take a day here and there and spend it with your buddies, family etc

I kinda agree. But if you miss work 'cuz you drank too much you can find another job. And if you come to work hungover I'll kick your ass then send you packing. Grown adults should know better. Especially since these people work at a hospital. You know, the place were your judgement is a major part of your job. If you can't "not" drink, then you need to leave. I syre don't want some hungover boozer making a life decision for me.

Not to digress from your point, but, The Super Bowl can make one sick in itself.
Yer team loses.
God awful rendetion of our national anthem.
God awful unharmonious freak show mayhem at halftime.
Tacky computer generated commercials.
ETC.

I think they should give someone, unknown to the others, a shank. Maybe one person gets it for just one play. You never know who it's gonna be or when. All you know is someone is gonna get stuck. That would a little excitement.
Well maybe not.

They need to have a sport where the two sides try to sing the national anthem like it was written down.

Not to digress from your point, but, The Super Bowl can make one sick in itself.
Yer team loses.
God awful rendetion of our national anthem.
God awful unharmonious freak show mayhem at halftime.
Tacky computer generated commercials.
ETC.

Ha! The only thing worse than the Skank butchering the National Anthen was the Half-time show.....What ever happened to Hank Jr? I guess I AM a red-neck.:eek:

Sportsman these days are a bunch of soft shite!! I say the losing team gets executed by the electric chair.. Then we will see who can really suck it up and go for the win :laugh:

Granted there is a difference between a Hospital job and say a parts manager when it comes to working a bit pissed, there really isnt anything like a surgeon with the shacks :yikes:

Back