Supplier of Rephased Cam w/Performance Grind?

halliday77

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Howdy gang,

Gearing up to do a rephase and I'm looking for the best deal on a rephased cam.
I'm in Sydney, Australia and there are guys here that can cut and weld my existing cam for me, which is in great nick, but I thought i may as well upgrade the whole thing while I'm at it.

I noticed @mrrings at least USED to sell them - and rivetted back together, no less, which strikes me as more reliable than a weld. I've got a PM in with him so hopefully I'll hear back.

In the meantime, what are your picks for suppliers of rephased, performance cams - either in Australia or US?

Thanks in full advance.

-A

I've got a Mr.Riggs rephased cam, it's not a "performance" grind, just an early model 256 stock cam with a late model 36 tooth sprocket on it. His work/quality looks really good, and he has been very helpful as I've been working on getting it dialed in.
Also it's not riveted together, it's split and I believe dowel pins are used to locate the rotational orientation, the sprocket is pressed back over the two halves which adds to support where it was split, and 3 socket head cap screws are used to fasten the two halves back together.

Hugh over at hughs handbuilt, has a very good reputation for doing rephase work as well.

I believe Megacycle and Webcam offer rephase services as well, if you send them your core and tell them what grind, and firing order your running.

Sorry but I do not know of any sources on your side of the pond, I'm sure there is though...

Back