switching to one inch bars

ratfinkd1

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
If i wanna switch to one inch bars other than replacing risers is there anything else to consider? I'm not using the original controls or anything anyways. Just seems there are alot more controls and things available for 1 inch bars. Any input would be nice. Like I said I don't see any issues other than what I stated but someone who has done this sound off for me please. The only thing I can think of is bushings and triple clamp fit.

Its no problem to run 1" bars as long as you are not using stock controls or clutch perch. I have used standard harley risers with the stock riser bushings with total success.

Rwingsfan,
what did you replace the stock master cylinder holder with? Will any work or do you have to consider the front brake?

I'm thinking about using the Risers and bars off my '08 Yamaha Raider, but I'll need to replace the xs's levers and, throttle, grips, and likely the master cylinder.

Well a front M/C is a front M/C as long as the bore size is correct you can use any Harley or other 1" M/C which is what I did. Thinking I went with a older Sportster clutch perch.

Zoom thats why I'm considering going to 1 inch more style options I don't wanna use any of the xs controls. If your gonna use raider bars see if you can find ones with controls.of you like them

Back