Tachometer rebuild.

Roy

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Finished! It took all damn day, but it's back together and working just fine, for now anyway. Looks pretty darn good with the new face if I do say so myself. What a learning experience! I'm not sure how long it will last, but you can make a replacement bushing for the bottom of the indicator needle shaft if you set your mind to it. Actually I think it will probably last as long as the original factory bushing. No reason it shouldn't.

Attachments

• 20230724_175522.jpg
    20230724_175522.jpg
    238.4 KB · Views: 53
  • 20230724_100654.jpg
    20230724_100654.jpg
    442.8 KB · Views: 50
Finished! It took all damn day, but it's back together and working just fine, for now anyway. Looks pretty darn good with the new face if I do say so myself. What a learning experience! I'm not sure how long it will last, but you can make a replacement bushing for the bottom of the indicator needle shaft if you set your mind to it. Actually I think it will probably last as long as the original factory bushing. No reason it shouldn't.

They came out great, That’s a job you can be proud of, well done!
IMG_9026.png

Great job. Fantastic.

Do you have any pics of the repair, and could you explain what was done to replace the bushing. Would make a geat addition to the Gauge thread.

Back