Talk about Iron Butt

They sure chose the right rider for that, quite the resume!
I'm looking forward to their motocross bike and team to race the (2024?) AMA Nationals, they hired the right guy to lead that team as well. Some movers and shakers over there at Triumph lately. :bike:

18MPG at 124MPH
Impressive for both man and machine.

Gary I was trying to recall, that long day you rode. I remember it being quite a trek ( up by the Great Lakes somewhere? ) but can you refresh my memory. Where to….how many miles….and how many hours? 🤔

Gary I was trying to recall, that long day you rode. I remember it being quite a trek ( up by the Great Lakes somewhere? ) but can you refresh my memory. Where to….how many miles….and how many hours? 🤔
Truth; seeing this record made me think of that, but it was in all honesty just shy of an ironbutt 1,000 on madness, cuz my odometer was a bit optimistic.
4:30AM to about 10:30 PM Baraboo to International falls MN and rode a bit past Baraboo on the way home to increase the distance traveled. mebbie 985 miles. I DID limp for several weeks after, my butt was in agony.
They cheated, I was on public roads.... :p
the story started here. https://www.xs650.com/threads/ggggarys-latest-xs-project-madness.28289/page-21#post-602912

Last edited:
Truth; seeing this record made me think of that, but it was in all honesty just shy of an ironbutt 1,000 on madness, cuz my odometer was a bit optimistic.
4:30AM to about 10:30 PM Baraboo to International falls MN and rode a bit past Baraboo on the way home to increase the distance traveled. mebbie 985 miles. I DID limp for several weeks after, my butt was in agony.
They cheated, I was on public roads.... :p

Yeah, and you did that on Madness, not a big comfy road sofa. That ride has stuck in my mind as a very impressive feat!
IMG_1188.jpeg

Back