Tank opinions

kvanderploeg

The Dutch Terror
Reaction score
OK hit me with what ya think. I currently have a Sporty tank on the build, but I'm really thinking of switching to a different Paughco tank. I think the curves are better on the Paughco and flow with the bike better, but I'm open to hear a few opinions on this one.

Current Sporty tank:

2011-04-23_12-14-14_346.jpg

Paughco tank poorly photochopped on: :laugh:

XSwithTank.jpg

Kent

Agreed, first one seems to fit better for my from an aesthetics perspective. It all depends on what you like though, right? Fawk what other people think - run what you like.

I had one. I really like the instigator too but I couldn't find a petcock to fit. We tried 8 3/8 NPT petcocks and none fit the bungs. Detroit bros never heard of this problem. But we tried milwaukee twins, and some old harley petcocks and none would fit. Waiting for my refund from JP cycle now. Detroit bros were cool...I don't blame them...just think we got a lemon. Good thing I have an original wassel I can use, once I bondo it a bit.

Look for a wassel banana tank. THey are a bit longer. Would look great if you found one and then widened it in inch or two.

Kvanderploeg : Sporster tank is super common but does flow better. Curious what kind of hard tail is the or is it a custom job.

Also I like the cole foster. Anyone have pics of it on an xs?

My buddy bought this tank by the other day. It's way too wide, but I kinda like the profile. Hoping my welding buddy can narrow it down a bunch. What do ya think?

2011-04-30_22-32-00_465.jpg

2011-04-30_16-02-42_452.jpg

2011-04-30_16-09-00_376.jpg

Kent

Last edited:
Yeah, you're right. A lot like the stock Warrior tank. I don't know what it came from, but someone has hacked it up a bit. There is actual lead in the cutout by the nose of the seat. Hoping we can do away with that all together and narrow it up a bunch. Another buddy gave it to me and said do what you want with it.

Kent

I like the sporty tank. I know it's been down a million times, but their is a reason for it.
It just works with the bike
Just my two cents...

That last one fits the lines real nice, maybe it would match just a bit better with a wider rear tire but I think it's great as is too...

but really man, who cares what we all think, are you gonna be happy with it? That's the question that really counts...

nice bike!

Back