Tanks A Lot

MacMcMacmac

Failed Hedonist.
Top Contributor
Reaction score
I was looking for a different tank to put on my bike and thought a Mustang would be a nice replacement. I think I read that they will not fit a stock frame though, bummer. I am looking for something a little rounder. The P-nut looks nice, but I am wondering if the smaller tank is a pain in the ass for range. Also, I want something to fit in a general cafe style look. I realize the XS750-850 would probably be the best option, but they are kinda thin on the ground around here. Anybody have any recommendations? Fiberglass is not an option for me, I do not like them at all, despite the many nice ones available.

Not many tanks are going to simply fit, iow be a "bolt on accessory" to an XS. You'll have to make some modifications to your frame, the tank, or both.

I have a Rebel tank and it was fairly easy to fit. Remove the cups from the front gussets and move the petcock back about 3". I still have to put threaded bungs in the front gussets but right now I just have a through hole and a piece of all thread for fitting.
full
[/IMG]

Back