Tc bros builders exhaust.

Djfknwoo

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey everyone I was looking into the builders exhaust from tc bros but I only have a cheap mig welder from princess auto (Canada) would I be able to weld up the exhaust with any kind of quality or am I just out to lunch?

It will be going on this xs here

Attachments

• IMG_20220612_110735_916.jpg
    IMG_20220612_110735_916.jpg
    200 KB · Views: 50
Good kit.......not familiar with you welder, but .030" wire @ ~18V DCEN CO/AR mix (no flux core)

I guess it depends on how good of a "hand" you have. The worry is blowing holes through the material and the ensuant mess in filling it up.
I have a 110 VAC Lincoln 135 amp wire/mig welder that I use to fix my trailers, fit structural stuff. I have used it to repair mower decks as required but it's real touchy work.
Any excess material can be sanded/ground flush and dressed up enough for high temp paint or Cera-Coate. As it's said "A little Paint covers a multitude of Sins"
That said, I have one of the kits though haven't attempted it. There's plenty of material to allow you to practice on the scrap ends to see if you're up to it.

Hey everyone I was looking into the builders exhaust from tc bros but I only have a cheap mig welder from princess auto (Canada) would I be able to weld up the exhaust with any kind of quality or am I just out to lunch?

It will be going on this xs here
One option might be to cut, fit and tack weld it, then take it to someone who does it for a living and have them finish the welding.

One option might be to cut, fit and tack weld it, then take it to someone who does it for a living and have them finish the welding.
Good plan, that’s what I do. Amateur welders like me can usually tack something together without getting into too much trouble. Then off to the pro’s to make it look pretty. I slowly get better as I burn more wire but I don’t have a lot of welding projects back to back so my improvement is slower than desired.

Back