TC Bros throttle

Broski

XS650 Member
Reaction score
Anyone running a TC throttle having issues with excess slop in the throttle? I mean, a lot. I'm probably getting 30 deg of turn on the throttle before I start pulling the cable. It was the same way before I changed the bars and cable, so I doubt it is that, and if I adjust the cable until I get most of it out, the cable comes loose from the throttle tube.

Anyone running a TC throttle having issues with excess slop in the throttle? I mean, a lot. I'm probably getting 30 deg of turn on the throttle before I start pulling the cable. It was the same way before I changed the bars and cable, so I doubt it is that, and if I adjust the cable until I get most of it out, the cable comes loose from the throttle tube.
Sounds like your cable doesn't fit properly, what kind of carbs are you running, what kind of cable? A picture is worth 1K words... Several pictures are worth far more.

typically slop comes from the cables, ie you need to adjust the sheath/cover length to compensate for the internal cable length. the only slop that will come from the throttle housing itself is due to poor fitup from the tube to the housing, or if the tube/housing don't fit properly against the bars. I suppose you could have some slop in the threads for the cable mounts too.

try lengthening the cable housing by using a combination of the adjusters at the ends of the cables and the one in the center (if so equipped). likely a jam nut on each end help. make sure to leave a little bit of slack, as you don't want the internal cable stretched/taught all the time, plus it takes a little strain off your wrist.

Back