Tc bros vm 34s xs650

Ccatt42

XS650 Member
Reaction score
Alright guys, im building my first bobber. I work a lot so i have more money than time unfortunately. So im cutting corners and taking the easy way. I bought a set of vm34s from tc bros they come pre jetted for more open exhaust systems which sounded like it work well for my bike. So i installed them and got the bike running, but it is running way way too lean. They include a small kit with jets a few sizes up amd down. But i see a bigger problem. Its running so lean that the pipes started to get an orange glow. So obviously very lean. With the jets included i dont even know if i can richen it up enough to run better. Any input is greatly appreciated.

Click the Tech button and follow the menus to the link to the VM34/36 Carb Guide. If you still have trouble after you've read it and followed the directions (including such prep work as setting cam chain tension, valve lash, and ignition timing), ask for help. If you do, include a full jet list; most of us here are psycho, but there are damn few psychics onboard.

Back