tci box specs?

KUSHLIFE

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
needing a new tci box for a 6pin, does the yellow sticker have to be the exact same to replace...letter/ number combo or if theyre both 6pin is that all it needs for replacement?

thanks

Just 6-pin is enough. In fact I think you can use the later one with the extra wire by just grounding the wire. The extra wire went to the kickstand switch.

You can probably fix your old one. The problem is usually solder joints cracked from long term vibration. If a part on it is popped, it's often possible to replace the part.

EDIT: or maybe you leave the extra wire open; don't remember. The point is to fake the box into thinking the stand is always up.

Last edited:
thanks, one of the diodes (i think that's what they are) on the motherboard inside popped off and gone, cant solder it back. looks like the one i've found will work.

cheers

^Can you post a picture of the board? There's a chance I can tell you how to fix it from that. It's good to have a spare. If it's one of the big white egg diodes, and that's the only problem, it's easy.

Back