TCI forensics NO WONDER!!! they are problems!!!

Wiring a bobber could not find wiring code for TCI pick up wires are .grey .orange .black. into harness changes .black and white to black.grey to white and green.orange to white and red.I could not find a wiring code so it may help others the xs is a 80 model 3go model

Wiring a Bobber, could not find a wiring code for the TCI. Pickup wires are G, (grey), O, (orange), B, (black). Into the harness it changes. B/W, (Black/white), to B, (black). G, (grey), to W/G, (white/green. O, (orange), to W/R, (white/red).

I could not find a wiring code so it may help others. The XS is an 80 model, 3G0.

Is this right? Very hard to make sense of your post. Are you describing your wiring set up?

Old Honda's have what is called a multy relay. If your old honda is having wierd symptoms, you can be sure the multy relay is at fault. The last time our '94 Accord stopped running and gave a slew of confusing codes I pulled the board and just resoldered it. Ran like a top when I put it back in. This was the second board BTW. Years later I got a call from the kid who had bought the car while I was on vacation. I diagnosed the multy relay as the problem. His dad bought a new one and the car is still running well.

Rick-the-fix on the Yam650 list goes through and fxes bad TCI's. He is not an EE, just a hobbyist. He finds blown power transistors and bad solder joints.

I note the two pick-ups on the stator and figure one must be idle retard and the other full advance. What I can't figure is how the advance works between them. It seems that the retard timing pick-up can be a more powerful winding so it gives a stronger signal at low rpm with the weaker advance pick-up sending an increasingly stronger signal at higher rpm.

I'll be interested in what you can reverse engineer mouser.

Tom Graham
ha. had a 92 accord ex that the relay went out. ran fine cold, but when the intererior got warm, the car would cut off. re-soldered the bord, no problems until the trans exploded. I had another relay box zip-tied under the dash so that the next time that happened, just unplug the the faulty relay, and plug in the other one. it had cold solderes and brigdes. once I remelted all the solder, I drilled "breather holes in the plastic b ody.. stupid design. cram a vital relay between the dash and the cruise relay.

Wiring a Bobber, could not find a wiring code for the TCI. Pickup wires are G, (grey), O, (orange), B, (black). Into the harness it changes. B/W, (Black/white), to B, (black). G, (grey), to W/G, (white/green. O, (orange), to W/R, (white/red).

I could not find a wiring code so it may help others. The XS is an 80 model, 3G0.

Is this right? Very hard to make sense of your post. Are you describing your wiring set up?
YEAH the wires from tci pick up to connector block to harness change colour as previously stated

Back