Wanted - TCI ignition box for 81 special

Yeah, already checked that out, and going to try it soon. I was hoping to pick up a known good TCI box that I could use to make sure that is my issue, as my bike isnt dying on me it just will not go over 4k rpms. I still need to test my stator and coil as well.

With your various threads, I'm too lazy to check if you have looked at the carb diaphrams. Make sure they are in good condition. Can test by holding your thumb tightly over the oval air vent.................slides should only drop very slowly.

Diaphrams are good, sorry to have so many threads going. I am kind of jumping around arent I lol. Im just trying to get all of my ducks in a row so I can proceed getting what I need once all of my testing is done.

I just converted my 82 special to Pampco. I have no use for the original TCI now. I'm thinking $100 plus shipping. I'm in pa shipping won't be much. Let me know if interested.

Jeremiah appreciate it, but my TCI box actually tested and inspected good. My problem with my bike ended up being my battery so I will pass but thank you.

Me too! I was not looking forward to the prospect of having to try and find a TCI box, or upgrade to pamco! I will keep you in mind down the road if need be though!

Back