That wonderful beautiful simple thing we love to call the headlight bucket wi...

WOLFHAWK

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
I was trolling through some threads while having my morning meal before jumping into my own build and figured I would throw together a little write up/ breakdown for anyone out there who has trouble with he connectors in the headlight housing.

If you have anything to add or I should fix by all means let me know and I'll do so.

I have not a manual as I gave it away when I sold my first XS, thinking my next bike would be a Harley...but here I am lol

I threw this together on an app on my iPad called "Notability" and then took screenshots so you guys can save them to your computers or phones for your own personal reference whenever.

This was from a 1980 Special
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1433027012.340898.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1433027088.389323.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1433027096.105547.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1433027105.173327.jpg

I have yet to bust open the tach, cluster, and speedometer to source their wire ends and what they do but if I have time this week I'll dig around in there and do so.

This was done for myself as well, as everything is a learning experience, and I as well as some of you may plan on using some stock parts with a custom harness.

Again as I said if I am incorrect or there is something to add, let me know.

Ride on!

Last edited:
so what youre saying is there are wires in the headlight bucket and not lightning gremlins doing bong rips??? where have i been going wrong... looks real nice wolf I use notability at work everyday, great way to utilize it!

Back