The Beatles

I watched them 50 years ago and watched them last night too. It was great to see Paul and Ringo still singing and entertaining. I have their original vinyl album "Meet the Beatles" which I bought back in 1964 for $1.00.

Good music...good times!

Watching that show was time well spent (as it was five decades ago). Learned a few things I didn't know about the Fab Four.
I was very impressed with Annie Lennox's voice, Katy Perry not so much.....
Wished Paul and Ringo would have done a few more songs together though.

I'm sure music lovers will still be talking about the Beatles 50 years from now.

Anyone watch the show tonight? I saw it in the same living room that I watched the Ed Sullivan show in 50 years ago tonight; It's been a long and winding road;they are still my favorites.Joe
............ hi guys i actually purchased years ago the white alburn set,,,, and none of the records have been played,,,,,, but a few years ago in morwell a guy knew i liked the beattles.... and loaded up a 1000 songs of the guys all onto a long playing cd... the sound is great,, regards oldbiker

People may be talking about the Beatles , but we still get to see the Stones play live ! I always thought the Beatles were just over rated pop tarts , the Justin Bieber of the '60s.

Bieber! - The Beatles wrote their songs/music & played instruments ...
Jaggers the biggest tart of them all..

Attachments

• index.jpg
    index.jpg
    8.1 KB · Views: 100
I enjoyed the Beatles, but preferred the underground hard-acid rock.

But, more importantly, I could fire-up a Beatles song and watch the girlfriend(s) melt...

Oh geeezz. I can recall a a friend of my older sister being a Beatles fan. She introduced us kids to the Beatles. Saw them on Ed Sulivan show both times. Learned the early songs. Bought the albums when I was stationed in England in the late 70's. The movers stole them. Still think the White album is their best.

Back