The FNG needs a little help

HeathB

The FNG
Reaction score
Ya, I'm the new guy. Just brought home a new project scooter. Bought a 76 xs650 and need lots of help and ideas. Kinda want to stick with the plane bobber chopper look. But change it up a little. Want to weld on a hardtail and wuz looking at a couple different ones. Think I'll go 4" stretch and 2" lower. Would like to run a wider tire in rear, but with no major mods to trans or hardtail. Also want to add disk brake to rear. Wut is the widest tire I can run on stock width hardtail, and with wut wheel to add disk brake? Want to stay with spoke wheels. Also, is there a 21" wheel that will work on front of stock xs650, with front brake? Gonna kick out the neck to level the bike after rear is dun. Any help and or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

You should run an offset sprocket for anything wider than 130.

In order to run a spoked rear disk. You would have to either run a modern wheel which will be a custom application or you have to do an omar conversion. for the 21" front you can try and get a 21" front from mikes or look up a 36 hole 21 inch rim and pick up the 21" spokes from mikes.

Thanks for the help. Will look around town a little later on, and check out mikes somemore tomorrow. Bed time fer this fat kid. Thanks again.

Anyone ever used another sprocket and cut it for a spacer? Doesnt look too tough to do. Maybe even cut outer one on front for nut. After welding of course. I'm a good enough welder fer all this and have access to a lath er two. Who has wheel to run a 140 er 150-16 rear? May leave drum brake on rear and leave front alone all together. Not totally decided. Need to complete rear frame first. :bike:

Back