The Girl Who Knew About Cars

xjwmx

XS650 Guru
Top Contributor
Reaction score
One autumn I was camping in the supernatural colors near Mammoth Cave and a girl from Nashville came in with a guy, I appear to be starving and emaciated without even trying so they invite me over for dinner. I get lots of free food that way. This girl knew about cars. I don't mean just a little bit. She was ready to swap engines. She knew just in passing that the Cobra came in 289 and 427 and what the merits of each configuration was. And what the merits of each engine was. She had just been arrested for riding her motorcycle 150 mph on the interstate. It was a problem because she was a salesman (salesperson?) and she needed to be able to drive to keep her well-paying salesindividual job. She had a lawyer going to try and beat it. She showed me some pictures of herself on her motorcycle on the track. I pointed out that in some of them her body was leaning the wrong way - she should be leaning to reduce the angle of the tires. She mentioned in passing that one time at the track she crashed at 120 mph and it didn't hurt her. But it was astounding what she knew about cars. I will never meet another woman who knew as much about cars as she. As the sweet smell of a hardwood fire fills the night.

As the evening progressed she sent her friend off to chop some firewood. With a little dull Chinese hatchet. I determined the task would take awhile. It was fit punishment for his boring us with his talk of his job as window glazer. She put some more of her food on the fire. It was a kind of taco thing, like the breakfast tacos of the Southwest, with everything included. The beer was expensive and tasty Nashville microbrewery fare. Just like a window glazer to spend all his money on beer for somebody else to drink. She said there was a hole she wanted me to investigate. I thought I might be of some assistance. We went into her tent. I asked her to point to the hole and she did.

Back