The Great Race

yamaman

xs650 addict
Reaction score
Once a year in Aus, we have one of the greatest races in the world. The Mt Panorama Bathurst 1000. And it's on in around 14 hours!

No it's not bikes I'm sorry, the bikes used to race there, it was a hair raising ride that's for certain. Now it's reserved for cars only, Australian touring cars (4 door saloons) - Holden (Chev engines) vs Ford 5 litre (305 cubic inch) 635+ HP hitting around 180mph down the tracks famous Conrod Straight! A 6.2 km lap taking around 2.08 minutes.

161 laps of truley awesome road circuit. I'm not sure how available it is for viewing in your area, check this THIS link and see if you can sneek a peak.

Any motorsport fan will not be dissapointed! :cheers:

hi guys as a nutter that loves the smell of octane ,,, bathurst is my wet dream,,, and being an aussie,,, well ok,,, of course i miss brocky ,,, and big al,,, in the gt ,,, i actually met the guy that chopped the falcon in half on the safety rail coming over the hill ,, i remember the day that dick johnston air dryed the geen falcon around the bathurst race track ,, his paint was still wet and later on most of the stickers had gradually slid to different parts of the car ,,, a real showman ,,, years ago when bathurst was a dirt track they actually raced motorbikes on there ,, that would have been a thrill and again today in sydney we may have another smash up derby,,, ,,, i,ll go and give my bikes a hug,,, regards oldbiker

Back