The holidays almost killed me ... literally

fuckin A man. well, at least you can say you got your first crash out of the way!

but seriously, that's a pretty gnarly aftermath so it's amazing you made it out relatively unscathed. heal fast so we can ride!

that buell was beautiful.

Wow its pictures like this that used make me think why do I ever get on a motocycle, today I know that answer.

My last crash was a pretty wild highside, I was coming into a 35 mph turn that went up hill, so on the far side of the exit of the turn while the bike was still leaned over I'd guess around 75-85 with throttle rolled all the way open 2nd gear I just started flying thru the air, I never had a chance to make any input to brake clutch nonthing it happened that fast, one second smiling the next second saying oh no I'm crashing, my first thought was about my bike and then I hit the ground and started tumbling and my next thought was man this is violent. Luckly I had all the gear on too helmet, padded jacket and levi's. I must have landed on my hip because I limped for about a month.

I had a highspeed wobble that got real violent , I was doing around 120-130, it happened so fast and I was so scared I just stayed in it WOT, It got so violent it transfered to the rear wheel also, I believe the last thing you want to do is let off, it would let all that weight go to front wheel and with less of a chance to asborb with forks compressed instead of extended.

Man I love to ride and thank God I have slowed down today. But it can go bad at any speed this I know first hand too.

Its a blessing your alive today CoastsideXS650. I dont take nonthing for granted anymore ya know what I mean.

I'm glad you're doing ok. That was one hell of a machine you had there. Did you have that paint job done?

It was painted before I bought the bike. I think someone had crashed it previously. It was mostly stock so I spent a lot of time shaving little pieces off the bike. The Buell was my first modern bike and my first motorcycle purchase. I had it for almost 6 years until the accident. I guess I still have it but its just wrecked beyond repair.

Back