....The Hooligan Build....

Norton KustomS

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
I bought this 80' xs650 about a month ago and started doing a little work to it.
-THINGS I HAVE DONE-
*Chopped the rear off and got it ready for the Hardtail
*Choped the neck and took about an inch out of the top to rake it out a lil
*painted the engine satin black with the hammerd coper valver cover and other lil thing on it as well I also took a drimal tool to the fins and polished hem out.
*I wraped the front forks with a old leather western belt.
*Got a mustang tank on CL and sanded it down to bare metal painted it diffrent colors and sanded that down in spots and rusted the bare metal parts out. *I also did the rear fender the same way. I have no idea what the fender is from but I bought it at a salvage moto yard.
*I ordered a custom drop seat hardtail through Elswick Cycles and that should be here this week sometime.
*Just got spoke rims for it that I will paint red or black not sure yet.
*Made a suicide shifter out of a WWII grenade and rebar.
*cut down the stock pipes turned them under the front of the motor and wraped them.
-THINGS TO COME-
*suprise
*suprise
*and more suprises

untitled.jpg

18046_106705462679539_1000002025630.jpg

18046_106705436012875_1000002025630.jpg

19146_107280812622004_1000002025630.jpg

19146_107280962621989_1000002025630.jpg

brandensmobilepicks055.jpg

brandensmobilepicks147.jpg

brandensmobilepicks149.jpg

brandensmobilepicks150.jpg

brandensmobilepicks041.jpg

- i like the polished fin edges too, have seen some with vertical notches filed into them that i dont so much like
- the coppered valve covers and oil filter cover look cool, looks like youre playing with doing the frame the same?
- the red sanded tank-what is it?-sits nicer than the black one with the dents will
- wonder if you could engineer the grenade handle to operate the clutch?

Thanks so much for the comps. Yes I thought It would be way cool to beable to machine the grenade to use the clutch but I really want to go with the Rat chopper look. The tank is a mustang tank . :laugh:

Goodluck with the build man. Although I probably wouldn't have cut the rear off until I had the hardtail in hand to weld on shortly there after. Any plans for wheels or going stock?

bigjimmyw13- I left plenty of room for the hardtale so i will end up having to still cut a lil. As far as the rims go I have bought stock wire rims for it that im debating on going red or black.:doh:

Yeah I meant cutting the T section on the bottom. I did the whole red and black thing over in my head, but I just felt like it would be too over done and I'd end up changing it anyway. So I ended up chunking the red. Now I'm debating the polished/chromed and black debate.

sryy i have been slow on the build. My daughter was just born 5 weeks early so i have been busy with that. Anyways i have been trying to decied to go with red rims or black not both but im leaning towrds the red. big jimmy i have cut other frames before the hardtail was here i just leave the motor in it and dont move it around so it dosent get out of wack. Once im home next week and the family is well ill start on the build again and update my page...

No worries man! I didn't know that you were leaving the engine in it! Just looking out for you! :-D Well sorry that she was 5 weeks early, but congrats!!

I was just talking to my friend about having a grenade clutch leaver like that! Bike looks sweet...did you paint he engine or have it painted?

I was thinking of going that direction but instead of black and gold doing a gloss/flat black paint job...

Big Jimmy- I know bro thanks for the look out and yea 5 weeks is early but she is doing better.

Alphaogre- thanks and yea i painted it medium gloss high heat paint black and hammerd copper for the valve covers and what not.

Big Pup- Thanks and once im out of the hospital and the lil one is doin good ill have the hardtail on and more pics for ya guys :)

Well I can only imagine what that's like. I'm a perfect parent.... I have no kids. So far my parenting record is perfect!! Believe it or not though I was a month and a day early 25 years ago. From what I understand the survival rate back then was like 75% and today it's virtually 100%. I turned out alright... I think :poke:... Of course I was C sectioned (third child and prev 2 were C sectioned). They took me out because I was already 9.5lbs at that point and my mom was a good old 5' 95lbs.

Any plans on running a front fender? It looks like to me that you were/are toying with the idea of using a "do" rag? I see that you have only painted the right side fork slider. Well I'm guessing it's painted since only one is black. Build looks great man. What are your plans for colors? As is or what?

Big Jimm- Holy shit I guess thats why they call you Big Jimmy lmao. She is doing alot better to day so all so far is well :D.

As far a BIKE TALK :thumbsup: No front fender no front brake should make for one hell of a ride :bike:... I had done the tank and rear fender up as you can see in he picks. I think ill sand the tank and fender all the way down to bare metal and and same with the frame but i might put some black on the tank and fender but make it really faded and have the rust come through it for the rat look. I painted one side of the fork to see how it would look but ot sure still. :banghead:.

Last edited:
Yeah, that and it was easier to say that than Jimmy Polchowski and I'm a pretty big guy.

Yeah shoot man if you hadn't done the engine nice I'd say leave em alone and strip the frame allowing a nice rusty patina and then clearcoat it, but the engine is too nice for that now IMHO.

I know I Fu%#ed that all up lol Im so unsure hahahaaha I might just use this motor for now and when I start the second bike (that will be nice) ill put this motor in it. Also im going for the rat rod look and the rat rods have nice motors and shitty bodys lol so again who knows??? im getting the seat pan done and ill add a cow hyde to it :)

lol those are really shitty rats lol jkjk we will se what it brings...:laugh: i might just do kinda a decent rat bike but idk

Back