The most awesome deal that could ever be had on an XS650... ever

Revanoff2

Poor-fessional Tinkerer
Reaction score
Greetings all!

Picked up a 1981 XS yesterday for the princely sum of FREE! :D

Its been sitting a long time since I last saw it running (about 3 years), but its almost all there. I was also happy to see that there is a TON of parts available for relatively cheap too.

I had my eye on a Zuki GS 1100 GL, but the guy decided to keep it. Kinda glad he did, seems this Yamaha will be more to my style.

Looking forward to doing some serious digging on here so I'm more prepared when it comes time to try and kick this beast over!

Catch y'all soon. :thumbsup:

~Revanoff~

Haha... I will snap some more photos tonight.

20130723_202751_zps12c70d72.jpg

20130723_202739_zps6fc00b05.jpg

~Revanoff~

It is in fact! Clean and in my hand. Just need to get the $$ for DMV to take from me and I will have a fresh title and tags for it. Insurance quoted $125/year, which makes me feel all sorts of warm and fuzzy. :D

~Revanoff~

I may be crazy :laughing: ... but I generally don't under-deliver!

I will get it pressure washed tonight and post some more photos once that is done. I'm betting that it will look all sorts of like a newer bike than it does now.

~Revanoff~

Revanof2, well done - on second thoughts, it's junk, I'll be round tomorrow to take it off your hands!

Iy looks good - you're going to have much fun, my friend.

Anlaf

CDNTX650:

I am not planning on doing much outside of perhaps stripping it down a bit, get her systems go, and ride the crap out of her! Hopefully that will keep some costs down.

ANLAF: If you want to come half-way around the world to hang out, I'd give ya a pint or two at least! Then go out for burgers and chips!

~Revanoff~

$125 a year? I am probably going to pay at least half that every month I have mine insured here in Vancouver.

Fuck your free bike! I want the cheap ass insurance rates! lol

All jokes aside, awesome steal, best of luck with the build. Hope it doesnt have too many hidden gremlins

Are cycles pretty popular up where you are?

I know down here, soon as the ground hog sticks his stupid ass head outta the ground, there are suddenly Harley-Davidsons coming out of the concrete it seems.

~Revanoff~

Definitely, we just have government run insurance here in BC, so we have to pay what they say. No option for competition at all.

That said, when something goes wrong, its been my experience that getting paid by them is a pretty seamless proposition. Also, they overpay in most instances which is nice too I guess.

Back