The new guy...

I have been away too long! This past year has been hectic. Bought a house in the spring, and spent most the summer puttzin with it and getting adjusted to mortgage payments on one income. Wife got laid off before we closed on the house. But, all is well again. Wife is back to work, and the 78 finally has a garage to be worked on in for the winter! Decided to restore it though, instead of Brat it out. Keep an eye out for that thread to start next week. Hoping to get started this weekend on the motor rebuild. I did manage to restore an '81 CT110 Honda this spring that was my main ride this summer. Rode it to work almost every day! Also picked up a 78 CX500 to turn into another cafe bike for next season. Surprisingly, the wife has let me keep all the bikes so far, but I am sure that will change come spring LOL

The 110 was my grandpa's and only has 375 miles on it...and is a blast to ride
25547_1393049700060_1046687022_31122559_2644171_n.jpg

So that is what I have been up to during my hiatus. Looking forward to catching up on build threads and finally getting the ball rolling on my 78 XS650 standard

Thanks man. The 110 had tranny problems when I brought it home. Took the engine out and found a broken shift stopper arm. I also replaced the tubes/tires, chain, and shocks. I get a lot of looks and compliments from people on it, as you just don't see many of the trail 90/110s around anymore! How's your 73 running? I only had the cafe bike out a handful of times this year, but it started right up every time!

I'll have to show my wife this pic of your 110... I think she ran a 90 into the woodpile on her Gramp's farm as a kid. :p

The '73 is doing worlds better now. Have a peek at my "single carb conversion thread" if you have some time.

TC

I'll check it out. My wife was hoping to learn to ride the 110 this year, but never got her permit. She took it up and down the street accouple times, but was have a beech of a time kick starting it

Robert, I was looking at your seat tail light combo and thought I recognised it, pic attached of my CB900F.
cheers

Attachments

• IMG00133-20100618-1059.jpg
    IMG00133-20100618-1059.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 240
Welcome back Robert! good to see you around again.. I'm glad the wife is accepting your addiction to motorcycles.

Good to be back! I've almost got her convinced on letting my son and I get a ural come spring. =) We'll see how that one shakes out LOL. Been eyeing up the new Ural T...assuming I can find one for a bit cheaper used

Attachments

• 2009-Ural-Ta-small.jpg
    2009-Ural-Ta-small.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 186
Did you mount the rubbers onto the frame in the exact spot where the cups used to be? I ask because I am trying to mount a 750 tank right now.

Best,
Adam

Pretty much. But I would position the tank where you want it, and mark it out.

Funny I was talking about buying a Ural in this thread. We did get a sidecar this winter, but it is an 86 wing with a California Friendship III sidehack

216922_2120685330496_1046687022_32341117_5790497_n.jpg

That is kick ass :thumbsup: I can only hope that my wifey will come riding with me! Anyway, on to the TX...is that a Motolana seat? I've been trying to decide whether to build a seat pan, or just find one I like and make it work like you did. I've got a 73 TX650 too, and your bike looks nearly identical to what I want to build. I've got it all blown apart at the moment, but it's getting there.
Cheers!

Back