The Owners Manual said.....

pyroman

Pyroman
Reaction score
A few years back, Owners Manuals were translated poorly. My Buddy bought a Hodaka, and as We thumbed through the manual, one sentence really stood out.

The Horn: When the passenger of the foot hove nto site, toodle the alarm melodiously,at first, if the passenger of the foot to avoid, toodle with vigor!

We got a kick out of that. I bought some touch up paint for My Honda SL-100. The small can had everything You needed to know, right there on the label.

Be mixed.
Be stirred.
With thinner.
With vigor.

Anybody got any good ones?:laugh:

There is a whole website devoted to poor "engrish" translations.
http://engrishfunny.failblog.org/
Supposed to be a glue stick.
engrish-funny-supposed-to-be-a-glue-stick.jpg

A translator ought to always be a native speaker of the language being translated to, rather than the other way around. Otherwise you end up with that kind of thing.

i was installing some electricall stuff on one of the new harley trikes at work, and there was a module with about 50 wires coming out of, i looked at the directions and at the top in bold it said "DO NOT ATTEMPT THIS INSTALLATION IF YOU ARE COLOR BLIND" the other funny part was that instructions were nothing but pictures.....black and white pictures at that....wtf. lol

Yep I have seen the toodle the horn with vigor passage before and loved it! I am always ready to toodle my horn with vigor.

Last edited:
.....seen on my '79 Suzuki 850 - I think it was printed on a sticker under the seat where EVERYONE, (especially the rider), could always see it clearly:

"Do not race, upper-rev or in anyway over-RPM the engine under any circumstances."

Not anything motorcycle related that I can think of, but one of the gold nuggets on the side of the box of the small remote controlled airplane I bought years ago had:

Learn to fly in a flash!
Do it before you take off.

Back