the secret to happy motorcycling

tomykoz

"what dont kill me makes me stronger"
Reaction score
well after owning a few motorcycles(1972 kawasaki 500 h1....1986 vt700 honda....2005 c50 boulevard....1991 vlx honda....1982 kawasaki kz550, almost had 1979 xs650 which im still crying i lost that deal)....heres the conclusion i came up with.

the key to happy motorcycling:..."the owner needs to ride the bike not the bike ride the owner."

by that i mean the honda i have rides me....takes no effort at all,i feel like 5twins on here once said"its like a lazyboy on wheels".....new style bikes ride so easy theres no effort on the riders part to ride them(boring)...and way too much plastic covers and wires and clutter.

....at some point(hopefully this year) im gonna snag me an xs650 ....that bike just seems like it would be an absolute blast to ride...simple...not alot of clutter...higher seat height....just a plain basic motorcycle....be nice if yamaha would bring back the xs650 ..bet it would out sell their current models if they kept the price reasonable.

kawasaki came out with the W650 and W800...dont like the exhaust...dont know what it sounds like but it sure looks like a step in the right direction....i think 2011 was the last year they made them....probably because they sticker shocked people...dont know what they sold for...but i saw a used one listed for $4000,so they musta sold for at least $6000 or so.....

and i bet the sad part is...the w series cost them probably half of what a vstar cost to build but yet it sold for more im guessing.
kawasaki-w800-2017-final-edition-6.jpg

Last edited:
aint that the truth.....i get off the honda and right away im lookin to see what everyone else is ridin

funny thing....when i went to my local honda/suzuki dealer for parts....i looked at all the new models....only ONE bike there that caught my eye a little...it was the 2017 suzuki s40....but it still had too much new styling of a look...the front rotor looked like it would snap off if ya hit the brakes hard.
DD955C12956746DBB400EF8A400938D7.png

Back