THE TT COURSE FROM A DIFFERENT POINT OF VIEW.

Adamc

XS650 MEDDLER
Top Contributor
XS650.com Supporter
Reaction score
I have been lucky enough to have done quite a few laps of the TT course over several years. The bikes I used were varied: Honda CB750K7 / Suzuki RG250 / Honda CBR600 / Ducati 851 and Honda VTR SP1. Each of them scared the :poo: out of me, and excited me with equal measure. I met John McGuiness there who told me You can't learn the course on annual visits so ''Just go fast on the bits you remember, ease up on the rest'', wise words indeed.

On one visit I even coped a fine for speeding; 112mph entering a 30mph zone full on the brakes!
IMG_1868.JPEG

A £400 fine with immediate payment in cash or your bike is confiscated!

Anyhoo the below video is unusual as in the perspective it is filmed from; and a great way to get an oversight of the course before visiting.

You've seen TT On Boards before, but never one quite like this!TT Rider Liaison Officer and race winner, Richard 'Milky' Quayle, borrows one of the Honda CBR1000RR-R Fireblade SPs from the TT Travelling Marshals to take you for an immersive lap like no other.Enjoy the TT Mountain course from a brand new perspective!

I have been lucky enough to have done quite a few laps of the TT course over several years. The bikes I used were varied: Honda CB750K7 / Suzuki RG250 / Honda CBR600 / Ducati 851 and Honda VTR SP1. Each of them scared the :poo: out of me, and excited me with equal measure. I met John McGuiness there who told me You can't learn the course on annual visits so ''Just go fast on the bits you remember, ease up on the rest'', wise words indeed.

On one visit I even coped a fine for speeding; 112mph entering a 30mph zone full on the brakes!
View attachment 324935
A £400 fine with immediate payment in cash or your bike is confiscated!

Anyhoo the below video is unusual as in the perspective it is filmed from; and a great way to get an oversight of the course before visiting.

You've seen TT On Boards before, but never one quite like this!TT Rider Liaison Officer and race winner, Richard 'Milky' Quayle, borrows one of the Honda CBR1000RR-R Fireblade SPs from the TT Travelling Marshals to take you for an immersive lap like no other.Enjoy the TT Mountain course from a brand new perspective!
Yeah. Great perspective. This is not a video game! The driveways still make me jumpy.

Stopping at the junction of Victoria Rd and Glencrutchery Rd after an early fast lap on my XS2 in June 74, (set off at 05.30). I was horrified to be told that one of my new rear Girling shockers had snapped off at the top, the top eye had come away from the damper rod.
Strange thing is, I really never noticed any difference in the handling that was always wayward at best.
Later that day I took the offending shocker to Atholl St garage and a guy there brazed the top back on.
In the garage I distinctly remember an MGC with the head off and a hole in one of the pistons.
Strange.

That 'summons' you have should be framed and hung with pride anywhere in your house you choose.
(1995)? congratulations. :cheers:
At the time the fine was a real kick in the gonads. Now the document hangs in pride of place in the lavatory surrounded by other bike memorabilia.
:thumbsup:

Back