Third bike build, and past bikes

charlesincharge09

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
well im new to the forum and am stoked to start my new project my 1979 xs650 4 hours after i bought it and started it up (on the first kick) lol i had is completly dissasembled! i will be posting pictures of the progress once i get something together.

but here are some pictures of my first and second bike build. they are both honda cb750s. the custom hardtailed the frame and budget builded it, for under a grand. the second bike is was my cafe racer, lowered the forks, put aftermarket shocks on it, build the tail out of sheetmetal and gave it a sick paint job! cant wait to get some pictures up of the new bike build!

2wnb4p0.jpg

24qpd3o.jpg

I am trying to decide on a hardtail I am going faith stock front end and rake I don't like tc bros kit, not enought stretch and too much ground clearance. I needs some pics and ideas Im thinking elswick oPinions?

i have an 80 dohc honda howd you do the hatdtail on the first bike? i have a tc bros tail that i m trying to fit on one of my bikes. looks like you got the skills , build a tail on the 650.

Left the swing arm on and welded tubes to the perches then cut and swingarm and unbolted it and cleaned it up where the swing arm went to the perches

I really like the look of that cafe racer, and bet its a blast to ride!
As far as hard tails go, have you seen these pages? They give a break down of some of the options. I have a G&L, but it seems like the shop has a lot of work to do and it might be a long wait until you actually can get the tail built and delivered.

http://www.xs650.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2596

http://www.xs650chopper.com/xs650-hardtail/

If I do another hardtail, I will probably go with the Elswick, but havent had any experience with them yet.

Thanks the cafe was fun I sold it and don't have it anymore. Not sure how the elswick hardtail looks with stock rake and front end and how much ground clearance it offers

love your bikes! love 750's on nice chopped frames....all that engine hangin out.....mmmm......mmmmmm

I was admiring the placement of the license plate on the cafe racer when I noticed you were also from WI! I really should have seen it on your profile, but I guess I prefer to do things the difficult way sometimes.. Nice to see you on the forums

Lol that's my dads car 1971 lemans built motor trans great end etc... It's one of those projects that creates a love hate relationship with me haha. I appreciate all the compliments guys, I'm a full time student, part time auto mechanic and am hoping to build a business after technical college building bikes. Something about these bikes just keeps me up at night thinking of new ideas and bike builds. It's a disease!!!!

Murdered out! That's so killer.

Did you paint all that yourself? How did you get the engine so shiny and nice looking glossed black?

Elswick tail with 4 inch stretch. Engine is painted with semigloss engine enamel and the side covers are actual gloss black out of a gun with 2 coats of clear

Back