Those with benders, which CLR dies?

TurboBully

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Those of you who have tube benders, which center line radius dies do you use the most for 1.5" diamter tube?

I typically use the tightest radius die I can for the wall thickness I plan to use... It depends on what you plan to do with it honestly.

If you are thinking about making exhaust with it, you'll find the minimum wall thickness is gonna cause issue and you'll likely want to just buy the bends. If you are gonna do framework, then a tight radius is nice...

I get all my dies through TMR Customs, they beat everyone's prices on JD2 or Pro-Tools Dies...

I just asked this the other day....im going to get a 1
inch die with a 3inch clr for handle bars.

Posted via Mobile

I get my dies from TMR Customs as well. Contact them through pirate4x4.com and I think they give you a discount. I really like 4.5" CLR dies for most bends on the frame. Sometimes it's nice to have smaller dies like 3.5" but it gets very expensive having all those different sizes. Hugh pretty much nailed it thought about doing exhaust. For a pro tools bender, the smallest die you can get for 1.5" tube is 4.5" CLR but then your min wall thickness is .095". If you're using it for frames or roll cages, then that won't be a problem.

I normally order stuff from trick-tools off the Pirate forum, but I figured on a heavy item like this I could save some dough by ordering as close to home as possible.

I ordered the JMR bender with 1.5" die 5" CLR, mostly for frame use. Then i'll probably make some .25 sleeves to bend 1" stuff.

SivarTi,

I'm also from Spokane!

I've never tried the sleeve trick. Has anyone done it successfully or have any pointers? I've been thinking of trying it with my 1-1/8" die to use for 7/8" tube.

I've never tried the sleeve trick. Has anyone done it successfully or have any pointers? I've been thinking of trying it with my 1-1/8" die to use for 7/8" tube.

It doesn't work so well for me... So I just bought a 7/8" die... I've got a small fortune in tube bending equipment... :doh:

Back