thoughts on replacing the springs on my clutch basket with delrin bushings.

flyguyeddy

XS650 Member
Reaction score
has anyone done this? just totally replaced the springs with solid bushings? seems i have seen a kit that does three of the six, but with a material not called delrin and i cant remember what its called.

OR are there any problems with just replacing them with some other springs?

im going to make a billet basket, so i need to have what im going to use before i get started.

i should note, that my engine is out of a 74 tx650 which i believe those springs are prone to breakage. just wanna keep from messing up my shiney new basket.

i will be running a cush on the rear wheel of my project.

at first, I thought you meaent the clutch springs till you mentioned the cush drive. your aiming to get rid of the springs on the back off the clutch basket?

yes. punkskalar says he runs a completely solid clutch setup so i might do that myself. however, i have seen some pictures that have 3 solid bushings and 3 springs so i might try that.

i wonder if anyone knows what the sizes of those vesconite blocks are? i dont really wanna spend a fortune on that kit.

im just going to replace the short springs with delrin and leave the long springs in it. after getting the whole thing apart it looks like they are around 5/8 in diameter

Back