TIG welder

jim540

Wrench turner :)
Reaction score
Thinking very hard about making the leap and buying a TIG welder. I have been welding for several years with gas, stick and MIG. Definitely like the way a TIG weld looks, cleaner and hardly any splatter. Looking for recommendations for brands that people have had good luck with. :D

I you got the cash you can't go wrong with a Miller Dynasty..... I got an older Miller Syncrowave 250... you can usually find them aroundfor under $1000.... if it's for your home make sure it is a single phase unit......... I bought one a few years use it all the time....

I too have a newer syncrowave 200, but it was not 1k!!! More like 4k with coolmate 4 water chiller, 25ft leads, etc..... I haven't seen one even used for under 2k.....

Great unit, and you grt what you pay for.

I got this one about 4 years ago gave $800 for it.. No leads no bottle just the power source...... Next week I'm buying 2 of the same Syncrowave 250 for $350 each from the same guy I bought the first one from.... only thing is that they are painted green... My was when I got it and painted it back blue... He got these at a plant closing aution... I already got both sold.......

temporary-10.jpg

Oh, nevermind. I got a new digital unit with pulse, etc. I guess we're not talking about apples and apples. I don't have any personal experience with the older units, but olive heard fairly good things.

Oh, nevermind. I got a new digital unit with pulse, etc. I guess we're not talking about apples and apples. I don't have any personal experience with the older units, but olive heard fairly good things.

Definitely not apples to apples..... That is why I said older sycrowave... It's still a very good welder.... but it's older technology....... I use a Dynasty at work and I love the pulse feature.. Can't go wrong with a "Blue Welder" (Miller) IMO..

Back