TIG welder

jim540

Wrench turner :)
Reaction score
Just pulled the trigger on a DC pulse TIG welder. Can't wait to get it :D. I've been wanting one for quite a while and finally found one to fit my budget and needs. Thanks to Dave over at Voodoo Vintage for his advice and listening to all my questions. :thumbsup:

Ya, I thought I was in hog heaven when I bought my MIG welder. I have a feeling I will be welding on a bunch of scrap metal for a while. :laugh:

So why did he recommend this unit? Ease of use or for specific welding u would be doing? I'm interested in what info he gave you. Always good to hear from a expert in a field and what he thinks about a tool he uses. Thanks for sharing the info

So why did he recommend this unit? Ease of use or for specific welding u would be doing? I'm interested in what info he gave you. Always good to hear from a expert in a field and what he thinks about a tool he uses. Thanks for sharing the info
He told me that he was using this welder daily for the last 2 years and he said the only thing that has gone wrong with it was the on/off switch died. He said they had a new one to him in a couple of days. This unit is covered by a 5 year warranty and the people you deal with are in this country. He says that this is a nice size unit that is not heavy nor takes up a lot of space. It has an adjustable pulse rate and you can adjust the gas flow time after you stop welding. You can add a pedal control at a later time if you want. A water cooling add on is also available. Has a lot of features for the price. Oh ya, you can also do DC stick welding with this same unit.:thumbsup:

Nice! Sounds like a very versatile unit. I saw a guy use a small little dc scratch start unit without a pedal once and it worked great. It was a 250 dollar unit and it did a great job. I often thought about picking one up but you couldn't ad a foot pedal. This unit seems way nicer. Good info.

Ya this is an HF start. Don't have to do the scratch like the cheaper ones. I have a feeling this will do me for a long time. Combine this with my Miller 210 MIG and my Lincoln 225 stick welder I should be able to do all the welding I need. :)

I thought that also. Then I thought back, when was the last time I needed to weld aluminum? Could not think of a need. I guess if I really needed to weld aluminum I could get a spool gun for my MIG or use my Lincoln AC stick welder for the power supply.:thumbsup:

No need to weld aluminum? I was thining just the opposite. An AC setting is one of the main reasons to buy a tig. I guess im just a firm beliver in buying the right tool the first time and having it a life time. Good luck with the new welder anyhow and get some scrap ready while your waiting on delivery!

No need to weld aluminum? I was thining just the opposite. An AC setting is one of the main reasons to buy a tig. I guess im just a firm beliver in buying the right tool the first time and having it a life time. Good luck with the new welder anyhow and get some scrap ready while your waiting on delivery!

I was back and forth for quite a while about the AC/DC thing. Like I said I thought back to how many times I ever needed to weld aluminum and I really hard time time coming up with an example. That's me though, I realize every ones needs are different. I guess I'm just a steely kind of guy. :laugh:

Back