Tips to installing crankshaft XS650?

TAlber8

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
For the life of me can not get the crankshaft installed on the locating pins. I can get 2 at a time but just can't get 3 (let alone the 4th!!!)

I've been using marker to mark when I do get 2 set but even then I cannot get 3. This is with top cases upside down

The crank was not dissembles and had no issue with rotating assembly prior to dissemble

Just got through doing the same thing, a few days ago. Best to do it like you are doing, with the upper case. Assemble it in the upper case. I was having the same problem. I made sure that the big bearing on one end was sitting in it's pin and the middle two were also in their pins. The last big bearing was rocking back and forth and I almost thought that somehow the case had gotten warped. Making sure that the markings on the bearings were parallel with the case, I wrapped the last bearing with a rubber mallet and it seated beautifully.

Finally got it with help of a friend whol could help lift it while I fiddled.

That was a pain!! I wasn't expecting that to be such a PITA

One trick I use is to clean the bearings of all oil deposits. This way you can feel the bearing going around and I mark the outside of the bearing with a paint pen so I have a idea where the hole in the bearing is. Try doing a Old KZ or SUZ 4 banger pins go in tight and you need that rubber mallet . LOL

Back