To blast or not to blast

@cra-z1 Maybe I should just hop in the truck with my cases and come for a weekend blast session!
Ya that would be a possibility. But you would have it super clean (free of grease and oil) all the blanks cut to cover the insides. :). I will probably find myself up there this summer for a quick ride on the FJR or the VIC. Nice area.

CraZ1 thanks for the info on the SS media. I will try and locate a local supplier.
What pressure do you run your blaster at when using SS beads.
Another tip for easy blasting is to install LED tape lights to the roof of the cabinet. The extra light makes inspecting the work as you go easier.

Yep got LED's in there. I am running 50-60 psi. Lower on the cut media and a little higher in the conditioned.

Are glass beads any different? I always just ran my cabinet full blast, lol. Maybe I shouldn't be?

Thanks CraZ1, 5Twins I was told to run 60 PSI or lower for glass beads to prevent them prematurely smashing. However sometimes at lower pressures it is slow going.

I know but I ride them all. The 650 and 73 Z have even been in a few rain showers. Its fun getting them to that just off the showroom look.
Showroom look? Well, I think it's more a concours quality vehicle. I've seen some guys here do an awesome job on restorations (Yeah, you too JimD45!).
But keep them rolling! That's what they're made for :)

Ya that would be a possibility. But you would have it super clean (free of grease and oil) all the blanks cut to cover the insides. :). I will probably find myself up there this summer for a quick ride on the FJR or the VIC. Nice area.

You’ll have to let me know if you do!

Have you detailed your preferred degreasing process anywhere? I’d be curious to know your approach.

Are glass beads any different? I always just ran my cabinet full blast, lol. Maybe I shouldn't be?
I run as low as can with glass beads. but it was around 60-80 psi. No matter it was still dusty as hell.

You’ll have to let me know if you do!

Have you detailed your preferred degreasing process anywhere? I’d be curious to know your approach.
No I just use mineral spirtis and time. For a final cleaning I somtines use the spray brake cleaning fluid , especially in the oil passages

Back