Toddling across Iowa

GLJ can fill in but he was not happy at the end of the day...........
He said I had a 120 mile butt while his was closer to a 60 mile model. :lmao:
But my bony ass was planted on the inflatable sheepskin.....
View attachment 173077
Just came back from being out west and we'd stop every 100 miles or so and my butt would be saddle sore each time
After days of this I'm looking for some kind of padded seat cover

From Spring to late Fall, I use a Bead Rider on my bikes. It keeps your bum dry by allowing lots of air underneath and you can move around on it for a circulatory massage which also helps the over all enjoyment of a long day in the saddle.

Here it is on my Triumph
RS Reunion 2019.jpg

And here is another on my Stratoliner
7-23-2020d.jpg

From Spring to late Fall, I use a Bead Rider on my bikes. It keeps your bum dry by allowing lots of air underneath and you can move around on it for a circulatory massage which also helps the over all enjoyment of a long day in the saddle.

Here it is on my Triumph
View attachment 173079
And here is another on my Stratoliner
View attachment 173080
I've seen those on taxi drivers seats but they just didn't look comfortable with the bead thing going on
But hey I gotta give it a try

I've seen those on taxi drivers seats but they just didn't look comfortable with the bead thing going on
But hey I gotta give it a try
I use the wooden beads and they tend to last about 6 years before I need to replace them. Bead Rider has ceramic beads as well that should last longer. The wooden set costs around $39 to $49 and the ceramic is roughly double. I buy direct from the source: https://www.beadrider.com/ other sites tend to mark up the price.

I use the wooden beads and they tend to last about 6 years before I need to replace them. Bead Rider has ceramic beads as well that should last longer. The wooden set costs around $39 to $49 and the ceramic is roughly double. I buy direct from the source: https://www.beadrider.com/ other sites tend to mark up the price.
the price is reasonable ordering a set

Headed out in few minutes.
20200808_083136.jpg
going to try these shocks.
15968941563212091360979.jpg
Someone was just asking about bag "mounts", these do the job just fine, several thou on a couple bikes so far.
20200808_081200.jpg
One bolt on and off. Just some aluminum stock from the hardware store.
It don't HAVE to be complicated.

Last edited:
Ran across a couple of pics on my phone from the Toddle trip. Pics are from the Kamikaze museum when we got there after riding through a monsoon. Gary's beauty not looking so nice. She is a trooper though.
upload_2020-9-11_0-26-51.png

And mine. My new favorite pic of her. That white stuff on the bikes is from the gravel rode we had to ride down to get there. I'm still finding and cleaning that stuff off. It even got under the tank! She's a resurrected survivor, daily rider and not afraid to take a trip. Plus can toddle pretty well.
upload_2020-9-11_0-29-59.png

Back