Muckroot

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
I'm wondering what two of the three top mounts do on the 1975 XS-B frame.
I know the #1 mount is the top motor mount, and just has a bracket that bolts to the top of the engine, nothing fancy. and I'm pretty sure the #2 mount is for the two top ignition coils, but I can't for the life of me figure out what the #3 mount is for, the one that's tucked in-between the bottom of the neck gussets. I'm really hoping I can use this mount to attach the condensers. has anyone tried this? is there a better way to mount condensers on a hardtail 650? I can get a better picture if that's needed.
IMG_8830.jpg

Nice ! Great pic editing.
Good question about that #3 location on a 75 ?
:umm: horn ?
The condensers were originally hidden amongst the head stay brackets.
Edited lol

Nice ! Great pic editing.
Good question about that #3 location on a 75 ?
:umm: horn ?
The condensers were originally hidden amongst the head stay brackets.
Edited lol

OOOOOHHHH ok that makes loads of sense! I'll definitely be mounting the horn there lol. And I suppose I can always hide the condensers in the head bracket like you said, that'd be a great place for them. Thank you!

No pics handy here @ work but search out that condenser pack for pics ? The whole coil wiring and condensers and such come up occasionally , there is info to be found
:thumbsup:

Always test condensers they tend to die of old age. Yes the factory condenser mount is inside the top LH bracket, provide ground wires from battery to engine and frame. Engine mount bolts are NOT enough ground for reliable ignition operation..

Back