Wanted - Top of the line XS Chopper

rwingsfan

Xs 650 Dummy
Reaction score
Have a good friend of mine looking for a top of the line turn key chopper/bobber for his wife. Can travel some distance for the right bike. Here are the requirements he would like.

Completely rebuilt motor with no issues
Springer with 21" front brakes front and rear
pma or sparxx alternator
electric start

That is most of it, but must be a high quality build. I have enough knowledge to keep it up and running for him, and we could just build it ourselves, but he would like for the wife to get riding sooner than that. Looking to spend up to $5000 or thereabouts for the right bike. If you think you have something that might interest them give me the details and we will go from there. :thumbsup:

Uhhhhh....like my post says, its not for me and he wants something for her to ride now not later. If that were the case I would build it for him capice?

Uhhhhh....like my post says, its not for me and he wants something for her to ride now not later. If that were the case I would build it for him capice?

I have no idea what you're saying, I think you misunderstood me.

Anyway, for those unfamiliar and those of you who just PM'd me asking who Hugh is and who he builds bikes for: Hugh is the king of the 650 rephase, and I think he does full blown customer builds, as well. His work is second to none. You can find him through his own personal site...

http://hughshandbuilt.blogspot.com/

...or on this forum with a name like "I love the punk music and the band Slayer" :)

I don't know him personally, just a subscriber to his blog and an admirer of his work.

Another huge :thumbsup: from me on Hugh. Him and I have had a number of dealings and he is indeed top notch. I did not intend to insult but thought I understood you completely. Here is the deal, my friend indeed has the cash to out lay for a great bike. Just seeing if someone in the community was looking to sell. A bike from Hugh would be great, but he is quite busy and I'm guessing that completion from him would be at best several months out. We may end up buying a decent donor and I'll build it with him, but ideally he would like to get something pretty nice now for her to ride and then maybe pull it apart and make it thier own during the winter. Just checking it out. :D

I have no idea what you're saying, I think you misunderstood me.

Anyway, for those unfamiliar and those of you who just PM'd me asking who Hugh is and who he builds bikes for: Hugh is the king of the 650 rephase, and I think he does full blown customer builds, as well. His work is second to none. You can find him through his own personal site...

http://hughshandbuilt.blogspot.com/

...or on this forum with a name like "I love the punk music and the band Slayer" :)

I don't know him personally, just a subscriber to his blog and an admirer of his work.

Another huge :thumbsup: from me on Hugh. Him and I have had a number of dealings and he is indeed top notch. I did not intend to insult but thought I understood you completely. Here is the deal, my friend indeed has the cash to out lay for a great bike. Just seeing if someone in the community was looking to sell. A bike from Hugh would be great, but he is quite busy and I'm guessing that completion from him would be at best several months out. We may end up buying a decent donor and I'll build it with him, but ideally he would like to get something pretty nice now for her to ride and then maybe pull it apart and make it thier own during the winter. Just checking it out. :D

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh gotchya - I was saying "uhhhhh" because I was surprised that it wasn't another post like "hey I have $800 I'm looking for a 6" stretch with a sporty tank all painted with pamco and title thanks" - usually people want the best without paying for it, nice to know people out there understand the time and money it takes to build a nice bike :)

Didn't realize you were looking for a bike RIGHT NOW. Check out chopcult, might find something there, too!

Add some coin (and several cash dollars), and you could have my Black and White XS :laugh:

Ya'll are too kind, I appreciate the kind words... I do from time to time build a complete bike, but I build them in the winter when things are much slower... Good luck with your Search Tony...

Thanks Hugh. This friend of mine does understand that quality costs money, but I am thinking your bike might be a bit much (performance wise) for this lady, but if you seen her, you might be willing to give it away, she is a knockout :D

Hi, Just sent you an email on a bike that may be of interest. Even more so a twin build by the same brothers that's a springer front end. Beautifully done both!

email has the link to more pictures and info. if interesting. Blue

Attachments

• 8282665.jpg
    8282665.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 75
Lots of places that sell fully built xs650 choppers
Ardcore Choppers http://web.ardcorechoppers.com
G & L http://glchoppers.webs.com/

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=xs650+chopper+builders

I've never seen or witnessed so much reading comprehension FAILURE in one thread.

Guy is looking for a completed higher end chop with a springer, upgraded ignition and good gone through engine. Yeah, it's specific, but he knows what he's looking for. Wants it now, doesn't want one built for him, he can do that if need be, but time is of issue. Wants it to be a running, ready to go chop. Willing to spend about 5k.

I've never seen or witnessed so much reading comprehension FAILURE in one thread.

I READ THE POST! I've never heard of an xs650 Chopper Dealership. But these pro builders often sell complete bikes that they built for a deadbeat customer or to show off thier talents. For what the poster is asking and what they are willing to spend. I'm suggesting they contact one of the professional builders and see if they have anything avalible now. I would not suggest they buy something from some dude turning wrenches in thier garage or just anyone on eBay. I also did not suggest they have one built.:banghead:

Was kind of my thought also. I was specific for a reason and thought I was pretty straightforward, have not found anything for them as of yet, but I kind of thought I would not have much trouble when spending 5K....guess not. And BTW, Ardcore and the like want 6-7K for a basic bobber....no thanks. I realize my friend will pay a premium for getting it this summer, but I can build at least 2 nice bikes for 7K

Guy is looking for a completed higher end chop with a springer, upgraded ignition and good gone through engine. Yeah, it's specific, but he knows what he's looking for. Wants it now, doesn't want one built for him, he can do that if need be, but time is of issue. Wants it to be a running, ready to go chop. Willing to spend about 5k.

Shit I have 7g into my bike. The only thing I paid to have done is powder coat the frame and paint the tank and fender. Everything else we did in-house. I haven't even got in the motor yet, I'm sure punk is gonna hit me for 3g this winter for all that work. Premium bikes don't come cheap

True that, I guess it boils down to what one considers a premium bike. I am saying that with a good donor and a bunch of prefab stuff (TC Brothers) I can build a great basic bobber for 3K, add paint or coat still at maybe 4K. I bet your bike at 7K is really nice

Shit I have 7g into my bike. The only thing I paid to have done is powder coat the frame and paint the tank and fender. Everything else we did in-house. I haven't even got in the motor yet, I'm sure punk is gonna hit me for 3g this winter for all that work. Premium bikes don't come cheap

Back