Top price of a spoked rear wheel

mistercartoon

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
The local Yamaha dealer has two 650 spoked rear wheels, both complete. I asked the qeustion ' how much for the pair'? He said he couldnt answer me then & there & to call back in a day or two.
So i was thinking he'll probably jump on ebay (USA) & get an idea of a price.
I know we all would love to get the old...'giz $50 and theyre yours' but its unlikely with bike blokes that have run shops for 30 plus years
So the qeustion is, keeping in mind theyre both a bit rough what would you be happy paying? Im in aust but usa dollars...whatever
great, cheers

I would do what he's going to do and jump on ebay and see what they go for in Australia. Then if he offers them to you for less I'd be happy with it.

I would say 50-100 per wheel in the us is about right. I paid 200 for a nice set of heritage wheels a while back. I would say thats a fair price for that spoke pattern they seem to bring better money from what I've seen.

Gday all, I think youve got it Vis Impact, $100 for a half decent wheel would be ok, I havnt had any time or been up there again but i figure the wheels have been there 15 years, apparently ..so next time im back that way will do.
Aussiehard..Id get both the rear wheels to polish & respoke, & yeah i am chasing another front hub (spoked) to lace to a 21inch front rim.
Im near castlemaine/Bendigo, ever get up this way on a xs?

Back