Top XS650 NEW parts suppliers - who are they?

decooney

XS650 Member
Reaction score
I'm looking to get in contact with a few of the better and more reliable XS650 new and aftermarket parts suppliers - and not really sure who they are at this point. I just picked up a 1975 XS650B, and I'm planning to keep it mostly stock excluding Daytona handlebars, tucked in blinkers, and a few electrical parts replacements here and there that I plan to buy soon.

Maybe its just bad luck starting out, but I've contacted a few of the more common vendor names mentioned on this site and quite surprised in today's economy about the lack of response or follow-up, no available phone numbers, and a general lack of good business sense. Its hard to imagine how people stay in business with such laxed behaviors. I'll even pay a little extra to deal with someone reputable in the XS650 new parts business. I've never seen this with other bikes and brands I've built and restored. :wtf:

Do you know of anyone good out there who sells new XS650 parts, easy to deal with, someone who actually follows up and does what their web page says?

Thanks, however there seems to be limited response from Mikesxs. When inquiring about product orders I got an email reply with "checking on it" and then no replies back. I replied again and nothing, no response. Strange communications and business practice, especially when someone is trying to buy something. This was just a parts inquiry about parts listed on the website too. Bizarre.

I just found 650central.com near me in CA so I'll try that instead and see what they can provide.

Go to 650Central for whatever you can. Use MikesXS as a last resort and inquire here about anything you plan on buying from them 1st. Some of their parts are junk.

The xs suppliers are a bit odd, just as the owners tend to be. :) By and large they get us the parts we need, mostly in a timely manner. They're not likely to ever be state of the art, super streamlined operations. Not many old bikes have anything close.

Welcome to the board.

John

Gents,

Thanks. I ended up going with 650 Central, and they are just a few hours away.

650 Central was very easy to deal with, eager to earn my business, and definitely the type of business I will return to in the future. I spoke with a few different people there on the phone, including the owner, and found them to be very helpful.

- nice people
- had the parts I needed, in stock
- offered additional information
- sent my parts out the same day

And, they even have a telephone so you can all them and place your order. Imagine that! :thumbsup:

MikesXS is under new ownership. I have found their cust service to have improved. This is likely to only apply to placed orders. They aren't the type of online business that provides phone sales, and that's fine with me. I can get all the pre-order info i need from te Internet (ever heard of the search function on xs650.com?). This might not be the classic business model, but it's probably necessary to keep costs down. Small businesses only have so many man-hour;, time spent chatting on the phone is time wasted filling orders. I personally prefer MikesXS bc of the convenience of the online cart, but I also order through 650Central quite often, as well, when I need to talk to a sales rep. I also like the M&Ms.

Let's not get all bent out of shape here. We have a few vendors to choose from that deal specifically with our bike-- there aren't many other makes/models that have such q convenience.

Can anyone post any Yamaha dealers that tend to stock or like to help XS650 owners and sell off the net? Some don't was to mess around with "old" beater bikes.

Go to 650Central for whatever you can. Use MikesXS as a last resort and inquire here about anything you plan on buying from them 1st. Some of their parts are junk.

This is the best place to use, I have used Heiden Tuning in Holland for some specialty parts. Mikesxs only as a backup.

This place does stock OEM parts. I have had no problems with them. You can look up bike stock #'s at biker.net
http://216.168.60.165/speedandsportinc/index.tpl

MikesXS is under new ownership. I have found their cust service to have improved. This is likely to only apply to placed orders. They aren't the type of online business that provides phone sales, and that's fine with me. I can get all the pre-order info i need from te Internet (ever heard of the search function on xs650.com?). This might not be the classic business model, but it's probably necessary to keep costs down. Small businesses only have so many man-hour;, time spent chatting on the phone is time wasted filling orders. I personally prefer MikesXS bc of the convenience of the online cart, but I also order through 650Central quite often, as well, when I need to talk to a sales rep. I also like the M&Ms.

Let's not get all bent out of shape here. We have a few vendors to choose from that deal specifically with our bike-- there aren't many other makes/models that have such q convenience.

I would have hated to have dealt with the customer service before if this is improved. I have ordered parts from them and everything went smoothy. However prior to ordering I had questions on backorder eta's and questions on parts. I got the same three word type response to my whole email asking specific questions, most of which went unanswered. I guess being a manager of a parts dept and dealing with customers all of the time I just expect more. At least an answer to my questions. I do appreciate that someone does provide parts for our bikes however.

Back