Tragically Wife sells bike

Frankenbob

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
I arrived home yesterday and went out to look up the vin on my new build to make sure of the model year after someone told me my frame didn't look right for the the year and found bike bike gone. I run in to call the cops and her my wife say we need to talk about yer bike:wtf:she then proceeds to tell me that she sold it and that i didn't have the money for some death trap bike that I bought in pieces and didn't even know if it would work. told her of course it will work after i build it and put the new motor I was buying this weekend in it. I said yeah I'm broke because we are remodeling our house and had a budget of $7000 and she went over that buy $4000 and so i have $11,000 in material for my house and don,t have the $3000 to level the dang thing because she went over budget having to have the best i had laminate she traded it for hickory hand scraped mine was .89 cents a foot hers is 6.00 a foot plus the tile i got a great deal on was kool enough she wanted mosaic bla bla bla anyway sorry had to rant a lil i think i will sell her truck today lol:banghead:

I feel damn bad for You.

IMO!
Even the most loving, sexy, beautiful, wife is not worth living with for the rest of your life after that!
But if You plan on staying with her.
You had better put your foot down.
And tell her if Your bike is not back when get home that her ass is grass and You are the lawn mower. And the house would stay in the same state that it is in at this moment! Until the bike is back! And you will shoot anyone that comes on the property that has anything to say about it! Then cuss her out till she starts crying!
my rant is over

pretty much sums up how my nite went and didn't have any trouble sleeping while she sat up crying I found the guy who bought the bike told him he just received stolen property and he could return the bike for his money and it would be fine if not he had better hope the cops find him before i did the guy didn't even care that the bike wasn't in her name or the title was not signed God knows i love her but i have been trying to get a bike for ten years since my first kid was born and have put it off to do things for them i am building this bike!! Thanks for reading.

Well I sure hope Bob that your bike is returned to You Man!
And your wife understands what she has done.
And your life is flipped back to the upright position.
And Yall are returned to a happy couple :thumbsup:

I gess I'm lucky my wife rides. we are bikers (not just riders) she know her place ha ha ha lol and the bikes are ours she takes care of the house and I take care of everything else
she is more biker than I am some time ( she was raised with an outlaw motorcycle club)
any way sorry for your loss hope you get back on 2 wheels FTW

WOW!!! Your wife has some set of balls!! I would be trading that wood back in.... 6$sq... fuck that!! good luck hope you get the bike back

yes as it turns out the bike will be back before i will the guy that bought it thought it was a honda never even looked at the title anyway i told him bring it back and come get his cash or i will take it back and give him what he deserves for taking a mans bike without talking to him first.as for my wife her ball got clipped last nite lol she realized real quick i give her everything and ask for nothing i work 80 hours a week so she can have nice things hell i lived in a tent for 6 months so i could buy her this house and land and beable to remodel the whole thing inside and out she now has top of the line ceader exterior and hickory and high $ tile through out heck one rug for the living room cost more than i make in 3 months

Time to go in her closet and return every pair of shoes and purse she owns. That's ridiculous man. The only thing to do now is go out and buy another bike, but even more expensive than the first one.

Time to go in her closet and return every pair of shoes and purse she owns. That's ridiculous man. The only thing to do now is go out and buy another bike, but even more expensive than the first one.

I like the way You think!
I can see it now Bob riding up the drive with a big grin on his face " honey im home!":laugh:

Well after all this I hope Your children were kept in the dark.
They have the ability to some how think things are their fault when Mom n Dad are fighting. I think You will be the good guy that you are! if it is the only truck in the family. you might want to take the shoes. can you sell used shoes like a used bike?:laugh:

no we took the kids to football practice and waited till they were on the field then i took every one out to eat like nothing ever happened and no she has a car and truck and i have a truck as well but thanks for thinking of the kids i made the mistake of fighting once within ear shot and felt like an a** the kids think their rich if they only new lol i won't even be bow hunting this year cause of football thanks for saying though.

Wow. Even at her worst my ex knew better than to mess with my cars or bikes. She would yell at me to sell them, but of course I never did/would and she knew better than to try. I agree no woman in the world is worth keeping after pulling that, it shows she has no respect for you or what you value.

My wife is the opposite. We just got back from a short vacation, and her oldest daughter calls and tells us her minivan is making noise. Needs brakes, no big deal. Well, the wife jumps right in, calls for parts, and comes out to the garage asking what she can do. I let her do most of the work, guiding her as needed. Afterwards, she tells me working on cars with me is more fun than ANY vacation!!! Now she's asking me questions about the bikes, and wants to build her own classic Mustang! This is gonna get expensive, but damn, its gonna be fun!!! :)

build her a sx650 then you can ride together lots more fun and cheeper than a mustang
my wife rides hell she rides more than i do right now as to me having back problems,and now knee problem kicked the bike over and it started 1/2 way through and i dislocated my knee cap.

she was gonna ride an 800 Vulcan I picked up super cheap, but several work related injuries have resulted in some permanent disability. She can barely ride on the back of my V-Star for 50-60 miles without severe pain. So, the Mustang is her next choice. Her dream car is a 65-66, and I already a restored 64 1/2 and a 67, so I think I can accommodate her... :)

Wow.......if my wife did that I'd give her the opportunity to get it back before I'd go out and shoot her goats.
In any marriage a balance and boundaries must exist. Sometimes it takes a while to figure the balance and boundaries and most marriages never make it that long.

Communication and trust are 2 of the most important things for a relationship to work, imo

Not a good thing to do, but hey, there must have been some discussion before this went down, and maybe from her point of view she wanted your children to grow up with you, and she wanted to grow old with you. Maybe she was just trying to make a point about some issues you guys are stuck on.

Working 80 hours a week means you aren't home much and long hours make for tired people. Maybe she is feeling neglected at home, (because you are away so much), and feels the bike will take you away more and I assume you wife had to put up with some hardship while you lived in a tent

If you haven't built the frame your self, then it could well be a death trap, No gussets, (accident waiting to happen), are you going to have front brakes, and have you had the welds tested. Not doubting your build skills, but are you going to take all the precautions to make the bike as safe as possible or will it be another kool, look good first, and safety second project.

Not busting your balls but there is 2 sides to these things and often we get caught up in the moment and the real issue is lost. Not taking sides either been there and done that and looking back i could have made my life a lot easier if i had taken a step back.

Back