Trex's XSIV -Ready to show

Trex

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
Got it all together and was asked to show it in a bodybuilding competition. After 6 months of making each piece by hand...blood sweat and tears etc...
May I present
"XSIV"

003351.jpg

003439.jpg

DSCN0222.jpg

DSCN0221.jpg

DSCN0220.jpg

DSCN0224.jpg

DSCN0226.jpg

DSCN0225.jpg

DSCN0227.jpg

DSCN0223.jpg

bikepics3-27094.jpg

bikepics3-27093.jpg

bikepics3-27098.jpg

bikepics3-27097.jpg

Thanks rusty...I really enjoyed building it...almost as much as i'll enjoy showing and riding it!
40 views and only 1 comment tho? I was hoping for some constructive feedback.
I tried to do it a lil different than all the xs's weve seen before.

nice work Trex:thumbsup:
You achieved in 6 months what many of would of taken years, just shows what you can do, if you really want to :thumbsup:

haha your very welcome! :D so constructive feedback huh? ok, well there isnt a whole lot bad that i could say other then "might not be right for my build" type stuff. :wink2: so i wont even list that stuff because i still think that stuff is bad ass! :thumbsup: so ill skip to good stuff! those bars are nasty! :yikes: i think they may be the koolest bars i have ever seen. :wink2: they are freakin evil and the seat has the same feel, i like the shape you went with. i also like the hand shifter, i was a little skeptical when you first put up a pick of it "that ting is going to flex like crazy!" :confused: but i like the reinforcement and i bet there is little to no flex now! did you have a close up of it? i like your fender support to, i actaully may use a version similar to it on mine until i can get my round stock one done (never done one and it will probably take a while :banghead: ) overall, it is a badass bike and i hope mine comes even a little close to being as kool. :shrug: and i do think it is definitely different from most that i had seen. well done! hope this helped. :thumbsup:

Thanks Rusty. If my bro calls me back I'll get down to the shop and take a few more pics. The shifter...is twisted round bar..tack welded behind and the round bar on each side as well...the only wobble is at the splines...i'm gonna notch the splines with a chisel to tighten it up. The struts were made of 3/16th plate and have a stainless plate on the oustide to keep it from dimpling the fender when tightened. The fender was thin! I expected thicker metal for 200 bux. Came from west eagle then I chopped it down. Made the bars from a 7/8ths ape hanger and gusseted them and plugged them inside at the clamps for strength. I wanted a unique seat so I made the pan from round bar and flat plate and beat it to the shape of the round bar skeleton. welded it all around and added 3/4 inch foam shaped with a flap disc. I apprecite the praise and feedback..helps me grow as a builder and stay motivated to keep doing it.!

there's a fair bit goin on with that bike, love the paint!

My opinion only, the black kickstart would go, also the fork gaitors maybe make the bike appear shorter......Also sending the front callipers out front of the forks might add to the perception of length.

Great build, so how does it go? How you liking the suicide shift/foot clutch in a bit of traffic? :cheers:

Thanks Yama...I wasn't looking for a real stretched front look...just kind of reminiscent of triumphs. The Kicker should have been chromed..but we have no chromers in AK..so I went cheap. Built the whole thing for less than 3k..including the original purchase price. As with every build there is a few sacrifices....wish the tank sat lower....wish the fender was thicker guage..wish I could have chromed or powdercoated some parts..wish I had some new parts..etc. So I worked with what I had..polishing bolts...cleaning parts and buffing covers..painting stuff..and making my own everything..cuz I had lots of scrap steel and honda and harley parts to cannibalize but not a lot of moola to toss at it. Feels like it's more mine that way tho. Nobody has half the parts on my bike..cuz I made them..lol I'll find out how it runs as soon as I finish the wiring. No prob on the foot clutch and jockey...Thats how I learned to ride. We don't have as much heavy traffic up here either.

The funny thing is...looking at that bod next to my bike I shoulda been popping a woody. All I could think is...Bitch DO NOT scratch my paint with those high heels!..LOL
Glad I had some pics like that to share with the boys tho.

Trex
Very nicely done. It really came together nice. Everything just looks right.... paint, pipes, seat..... It looks like a good bit of time was spent cleaning up the motor. Did you fab the forwards yourself?
Good work.
Ride Safe
Georelle

Almost everything was hand fabbed... the seat and spring mount, the controls, the handlebars, the brackets, the struts, the liscence plate holder, the shifter, the exhaust mount. Thanks for your compliments and support bros!

Constructive criticism.. Only thing right off the top of my head that hits me are the wheels. *Personally* I think some spokes or otherwise tasty wheels would top off the bike. I love the paint job though.

Thanks jimmy. I like the look of spokes..some heritage spokes would be great...but I hate tubes and spoke maintenence!..LOL I like the 7 arm wheels..painted them black again and poilshed the lips and ridges to minimize there presence...get that 14 spoke look with strength enough to handle Alaskan roads.
We did the big show this weekend...only hand fabbed bikes there were mine and my bros CB500T bobber. The judges were all house of t-shirts techs and H.O.G. members..we got nothing. except endless crowds surrounding the bikes and flashbulbs by the dozens. More attention than all the 70+ other bikes combined. A few old timers sought us out to say that they were the coolest chops they had seen in 20-30 years up here. a few younger guys wanted to know where we bought everything or who built it so they could get one. Of course we laughed and said we built them with our own hands, simple tools and no regard for catalogs or trends. No one else there could say that.

Back