Trick headlight

tx.....,

Yeah...I had forgotten...you've got the neutral switch mod, right?

That's one of the main reasons I did this headlight thing, because I like to shift to neutral at a long light, in fact I usually shut the engine off at a long light in this heat (100F) to cool the engine down, but I just use the kill switch and leave the lights on except for the headlight because it sucks the battery down, so now I have a "headlight" still showing, but drawing next to no Amps.

But, doing so at night makes you disappear to the oncoming traffic, which is especially not good if you are waiting to make a left turn after the light turns green, so now I at least show something and it's actually brighter than I thought it would be.

I also have a relay that switches the regulator and rotor directly to the battery for better regulation of the battery voltage instead of the load voltage. That relay is turned on by the kill switch, so when I kill the engine, there is no current flowing to the rotor.

Think I'll draw a small circuit with a photocell that overides the neutral light relay at night.

tx.....,

Yeah...I had forgotten...you've got the neutral switch mod, right?

That's one of the main reasons I did this headlight thing, because I like to shift to neutral at a long light, in fact I usually shut the engine off at a long light in this heat (100F) to cool the engine down, but I just use the kill switch and leave the lights on except for the headlight because it sucks the battery down, so now I have a "headlight" still showing, but drawing next to no Amps.

But, doing so at night makes you disappear to the oncoming traffic, which is especially not good if you are waiting to make a left turn after the light turns green, so now I at least show something and it's actually brighter than I thought it would be.

I also have a relay that switches the regulator and rotor directly to the battery for better regulation of the battery voltage instead of the load voltage. That relay is turned on by the kill switch, so when I kill the engine, there is no current flowing to the rotor.

Back